Windows 7 All Windows 7 computer cannot see and access each other

shinigamibob

Hi, I decided to join the forum just for this purpose. I hope someone will be able to help me.

Anyway here is my problem:

All my computers are running Windows 7 (2 of them are 64-bit, the other 32-bit). A few weeks ago, all of them could see each other just fine. I could access all of them from any computer. However, a few days ago, all of them disappeared. Now when I go to browse my network, all I can see is the local computer (the computer being accessed from) and sometimes my router.

One of the computers is hard wired to my D-link Telus router, while the others are connected via WiFi to my d-link dir-615 router. The 615 has DHCP disabled (meaning my main router is supplying the internal ip addresses), so thats not the problem. Additionally, when I log onto the admin interface on my main router (the telus supplied one), I can see all the devices that are connected and their names and ip addresses. All the devices have internet access without a problem.

One final problem, my laptop shows a linksys wrt110 as being connected my network, but I have no linksys routers in the house.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I would like to be able to access my network drives from my computers.

Thanks again.

[Edit]
It might be useful to note that all my firewalls allow local access to all devices. Also I have looked at many of the similar posts and tried many of the solutions but to no avail.

Last edited:
Back