Windows 7 Anyone know how to uninstall, simputil task bar from browser?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I have a new task bar in my browser.
It seems to be associated with Simpluti or something like That.
Here's a picture of it...

Taskbar.jpg

I can't find any way to remove it.
I've looked online but I don't find anything.
It's not listed in program uninstall, or in my start-up items.

On the right end of it, it has an icon that looks like a toolbox with the number 7 on it.

It doesn't seem to be any kind of problem, just has links to a lot of things but I didn't install it and I'd like to remove it.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Last edited:
Sorry Mike, no never heard of anything with that name associated with it; however,
you might try a tool like process explorer or even hijack this and see if you can identify it, probably a BHO (browser helper object), maybe once you know exactly where it's coming from you can figure out how to get rid of it.
Keep us posted
Regards
Randy

Hello Mike,

Go to Start | Run | msiexec.exe /uninstall {E4E6BF2A-1667-11DF-A01F-1F9655D89593} see if it removes it.

Search in registry for the name Simpluti you'll find a CLSID use that instead the one I given.

Mike
Did you recently install any freeware? A lot of freeware comes with assorted toolbars bundled in and install them automatically unless you uncheck them during install.
Joe

Did you look in the Manage Addons tools? In IE there is a Toolbar option.

Hi Mike,

Further to the Cap'ns answer, If you download and install the free version of SIW (bottom of page). Under the Software installed key it lists literally everything.
If there's a CLSID uninstaller reference for Simpluti it will be listed there.

HTH

One more tool / utility that might help you identify the source Autoruns.
Between the "Everything" tab and the "Internet Explorer" tab you should be able to spot it.
Let us know how you're progressing.
Regards
Randy

EDIT: Forgot to mention, in the interest of making things easier, start by hiding microsoft / windows entries.
Autoruns->Toolbar->Options->Hide Microsoft and Windows Entries
Click the refresh icon or select File->Refresh.

Last edited:
Did you notice this if you click on the asterisk?

SIW | OpenCandy

If you would like, I can download it and see if I can find the details about the install. Which browser is this happening in?

Hi Guys

I probably did pick it up along with some freeware that I downloaded, (Stereo Picture Maker or Stereo Movie Maker) that I downloaded in the last couple of days.

I did get rid of it, I'm not sure how, I tried a number of things and then finally stopped dwelling on it and got on with what I was doing.
When I opened Google Chrome this morning it was gone.

My new passion is 3D imaging, I'm just starting on figuring that all out.

If you have some Anaglyphic glasses handy check this out...

LucyandtheSpheresBW2.jpg

This is one of my first attempts at creating 3D images.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mike

That's one reason why I like to check out freeware on a virtual PC before actually installing it. I had to reinstall XP once because the freeware messed up file associations and I couldn't straighten them back out.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom