Windows 7 Asus G74sx Bsods

godiszed

Okay, began getting some BSODs, and by the time I realized it was more than coincedence, System Restore window was passed anyway. BSODs kept coming, so I formatted. After format, BSODs continued. Checked HDD, tests were fine. Memtest86'ed for 16 hours, no errors. Tested Ram Dimms individually in different slots, all BSOD'ed same as with all of them in.

I did notice two troubling things today, Dllhost.exe is out of control, right after a reboot, randomly will go up to 1.2GB of memory. Also, temp is a bit high for my processor, thinking I might have a fan issue. When playing a game, running 62C. Crashes occur randomly, usually about 4-6 hours apart, but since I updated my video card drivers to the current ones (with fresh install option) it has been every hour or so. If getting a similiar laptop wouldn't cost me $1k, I'd dropkick this MF'er into the street, but I can't swing that at this time.

Attachments

• W7F_10-11-2013.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 375
Hi,
apologies for your post not been addressed sooner. Do you still need help on this issue?

Put this one on hold. I realized after reading a similar BSOD thread on here that I needed to install a hardware monitor for things like fan speed and temps. I read someone else's thread about their fans being loud with their g74sx, and I realized mine were awfully quiet. As in total silence, not working. Mine GPU temps were fine, cpu while not gaming was 38-42C, which was a little high, but when my turbo boost would kick in, 58-62C, so with those numbers in hand, I'm thinking the BSODs were just wild goose chases caused by overheating. I sent it to a friend because he enjoys that sort of thing, so when he gets the fans installed (hopefully it's them and not the mobo/psu connection) I'll see if that fixes it. I'll jump back on and follow up either way so others in trouble know what happened.

This is still happening, gave it to a friend to try to fix it as well, but no luck.

Back
Top Bottom