Matt15

So far Windows 7 has been fantastic. There are several programs which are not yet fully supported and i'm happy to wait.
Playing games however has recently become a huge headache. Nomatter which game i'm playing they all CRASH locking up my PC @ irregular intervals. The only solution is to reboot my PC and start again.

My specs:
Q9450
4 gig of DDR2 ram 1100
P5Q Deluxe MB
2x ATi 4870 512 in CrossfireX
850w PSU

OS - Windows 7 64bit 7100 build (fully up todate)

I've considered everything from heat to driver updates and today i located this under the action centre.
Problems.png

I can't find any solutions so far so your help here would be fantastic. If i can't find a solution i'll be going back to my 32bit Vista.

Cheers Matt

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing frequent crashes while playing games on your Windows 7 system. This can be quite frustrating, but we can work through this issue to find a solution before you consider reverting to Vista. Based on the error message you provided in the Action Center screenshot, it looks like you are encountering a problem related to the "Display driver ATI Radeon Family stopped responding and has successfully recovered." This issue is often associated with graphics driver problems. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the crashing issue when playing games on your system:

Steps to Resolve Game Crashes on Windows 7:​

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Make sure you have the latest...
It seems like you are experiencing frequent crashes while playing games on your Windows 7 system. This can be quite frustrating, but we can work through this issue to find a solution before you consider reverting to Vista. Based on the error message you provided in the Action Center screenshot, it looks like you are encountering a problem related to the "Display driver ATI Radeon Family stopped responding and has successfully recovered." This issue is often associated with graphics driver problems. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the crashing issue when playing games on your system:

Steps to Resolve Game Crashes on Windows 7:​

1. Update Graphics Drivers:
    • Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your ATI Radeon 4870 GPUs. Visit the AMD website and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics cards.
    []Check for Overheating:
    • Ensure that your graphics cards, CPU, and overall system are not overheating. Use monitoring software like HWMonitor to check the temperatures of your components.
    [
    ]Adjust Graphics Settings:
    • Lower the in-game graphics settings to reduce the load on your GPUs. Try running the games at lower resolutions or graphics quality to see if the crashes persist.
    []Disable CrossfireX:
    • Temporarily disable CrossfireX to see if the crashes continue. Sometimes CrossfireX setups can cause instability in certain games.
    [
    ]Check for Windows Updates:
    • Ensure that your Windows 7 system is fully up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Update any pending patches or fixes.
    []Run System File Checker (SFC):
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command sfc /scannow to scan and repair any corrupted system files that may be contributing to the crashes.
    [
    ]Monitor Event Viewer:
    • Check the Event Viewer for any critical errors or warnings that might provide more insight into what is causing the crashes.
  2. Test with Single GPU:
    • Test each ATI Radeon 4870 GPU individually to see if the crashes occur with a single GPU. This can help identify if one of the GPUs is faulty. After going through these steps, monitor your system to see if the crashes persist. Hopefully, by updating drivers and checking for overheating issues, you can resolve the game crashing problem on your Windows 7 system.
If you continue to experience issues, feel free to provide more details, and we can further troubleshoot to find a solution that works for you.

Solution
Back