Windows 10 Audio Problem After Installing update on 12 Mar 2021

tbeinc

After installing what seemed to be a full reinstall update (took hours) my audio has disappeared and no matter that I do I cannot get it to work again. Audio was working perfectly before the update but after it was gone. I have reinstalled drivers but to no avail. I disabled and enabled the device no luck. I did restarts after each of these actions...still it doesn't work...Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you : )

Audio problem solved.....the Windows update changed my default speakers to my sound card.....changed that to my USB speakers and viola....sound magically appeared once again.

I think I should send Microsoft a bill for technical charged for all the time I lost due to their screw up!

Audio problem solved.....the Windows update changed my default speakers to my sound card.....changed that to my USB speakers and viola....sound magically appeared once again.

I think I should send Microsoft a bill for technical charged for all the time I lost due to their screw up!
How did you do this?

How did you do this?

Right click speaker in task bar. Click Open sound settings. On the settings screen click the down arrow on choose your out put device.
If this doesn't work you could also try right click on speaker and click on troubleshoot sound problems.

Back