Windows 7 Broken Button Pinned to Taskbar

DJ-Specter

Hi, I've recently been having the same problem alot of people are having with the new technical preview of office 2010 and particularly with this stupid outlook connector thing with the 64 bit version of the program and i've come to terms with the fact that i've just gotta wait until the proper version comes out.

However, I had to install and uninstall outlook a couple of times but not through the add/remove programs feature as the technical preview of office 2010 doesn't work with this, so I now have a quick launch button thing for an old copy of outlook 'pinned' to my taskbar and as the program's been removed, the shortcut doesn't work. obviously normally i'd just rightclick and remove it but I don't get the rightclick menu at all, nothing in fact appears. its just a shortcut i know but i don't know how to get rid of it manually. Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi, I've recently been having the same problem alot of people are having with the new technical preview of office 2010 and particularly with this stupid outlook connector thing with the 64 bit version of the program and i've come to terms with the fact that i've just gotta wait until the proper version comes out.

However, I had to install and uninstall outlook a couple of times but not through the add/remove programs feature as the technical preview of office 2010 doesn't work with this, so I now have a quick launch button thing for an old copy of outlook 'pinned' to my taskbar and as the program's been removed, the shortcut doesn't work. obviously normally i'd just rightclick and remove it but I don't get the rightclick menu at all, nothing in fact appears. its just a shortcut i know but i don't know how to get rid of it manually. Any ideas?

Cheers

I found this little link whilst googling, it does contain a fix however... How to remove past icons from the taskbar

Thanks for that fix mate, I ended up re-installing all of office 2007 and uninstalling it again which fortunately removed the shortcut - i dont really like screwing around with the registry if at all possible after it came round to bite me one time.

Back