Windows 7 BSOD Problem Windows 7 32 Bit - Help needed !

novafire

Hi, at the start of this month I changed the motherboard and graphics card. The change has caused my computer to BSOD since then and is becoming more and more frequent.
I have updated various drivers as suggested by other posts but still the problem persists.

The BSOD happens at random times ranging from 20 mins to a few hours (3-5). After the BSOD the computer attempts to reset itself but cannot reset and goes on in a continuous loop. I have to wait 5 minutes until I try turning it on again for it to reset in a loop.

My system specifications are as follows:
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3L (Revision 2)
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66 GHz

Below is my dump file, hopefully someone can shed some light on the problem !

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hello and welcome.

This should be easy to solve if you follow everything well.

You're getting a 0x116 video tdr timeout error. Visit Guru3d.com and download Driver Sweeper. Install. Boot to safe mode and use it to clean all ATI and NVIDIA files, settings, drivers from the machine. If you have an NVIDIA chipset, do not click the box for that, while using.

Reboot to normal mode and install the latest driver from here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

------------

Uninstall Avast! in safe mode with the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot to normal mode and install MSE to replace it.

-------------

Update your wireless adapter driver to latest Netgear's site for your WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter. The version of the driver you have now is definitely going to crash Windows 7:

wg111v2 wg111v2.sys Tue Dec 25 21:46:00 2007

ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WG111v2_v4.0.0.zip

Thanks for the speedy reply TorrentG !

I currently did the driver sweep in Safe Mode and updated my wireless adapter to version 4.0.

The problem still persists ?

Thanks again TorrentG for your super speedy replies !

I forgot to mention I did uninstall AVAST and updated/rebooted my BIOS (I think it was already the latest one).
Though after taking your advice my BSOD's seems to be less severe, much appreciated sir !

Here's a copy of my latest Memory Dump Files:

Avast! is still installed. This is still the 0x116 stop.

Please remove it with the tool in safe mode that I previously linked to:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Rename this wireless driver to scmndisp.BAK

scmndisp scmndisp.sys Wed Jan 17 04:25:59 2007

I don't think you need this and it is causing problems too.

It's at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Reboot.

No problem, you're welcome.

Last edited:
I guess I was a bit too hasty with the uninstall of AVAST and not specifying the folder it was in during safe mode :( !

But hopefully I uninstalled it correctly this time :D

New crash memory dump file:

Thanks for your time again TorrentG !

I guess I was a bit too hasty with the uninstall of AVAST and not specifying the folder it was in during safe mode :( !

But hopefully I uninstalled it correctly this time :D

New crash memory dump file:

Thanks for your time again TorrentG !

You got VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116), which means this is your video card bugging out.

1. Make sure it's not overclocked nor overheating.

2. Reinstall the (latest version) video driver. Use Driver Sweeper

3. FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test

This crash is unreadable in its entirety. Please wait for another so we can look at it. This was another 0x116 though.

If you've successfully taken care of drivers and already updated bios, it's time to think of heat as a possible cause, which can be with these. Make sure nothing is overheating, especially video card.

-----------

The absolute best, top-notch professional advice I could ever possibly give, and actually should have already, is to clean install Windows while formatting. That's because of the motherboard change. People like to try and get away with using old Windows when doing that and it's a common thing.

It almost always eventually produces issues.

You can wait for a new crash and post or simply re-install Windows with the above drivers. This is what really should be done.

Back