Windows 7 BSOD when copying over LAN

SouthValhalla

Hey forum people!

Every time I try and copy files over my LAN (doesn't matter how big the file is or which computer I'm copying from) I get the BSOD. Ive tried to find the problem/solution myself but I may be in a little over my head on this one... Attached are my minidump files. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is getting very annoying!

The recovery window upon restart says:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 7177

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF800030FEFEC
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\112610-57423-01.dmp
C:\Users\Byron Will-Noel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-72119-0.s

My system specs are:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Build 7601
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
RAM
3.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 373MHz 5-5-5-18
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. M61P-S3 (Socket M2) Latest Bios
Graphics
SMB2330H @ 1920x1080
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 57770 Latest Drivers
Hard Drives
245.12GB Maxtor Maxtor 6L250R0 ATA Device (IDE)
244.20GB Seagate ST325041 0AS SCSI Disk Device (SCSI)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio - Latest Drivers

Attachments

• 112610-57423-01.rar
    38.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 112610-20482-01 (2).rar
    29.7 KB · Views: 294
  • Minidump 3.rar
    101.3 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
No, sorry, I am not willing to recommend anything else because MSE is the only antivirus of them all which is impossible to cause bsods. You can set a proxy server within I.E. and MSE will use that, as will the rest of your entire system, unless explicitly set otherwise within any given application.

Have you uninstalled AVG in the manner above yet? And are the results well?

No, sorry, I am not willing to recommend anything else because MSE is the only antivirus of them all which is impossible to cause bsods. You can set a proxy server within I.E. and MSE will use that, as will the rest of your entire system, unless explicitly set otherwise within any given application.

Have you uninstalled AVG in the manner above yet? And are the results well?

I did it all (except the updated difinitions. Does this matter?) but still got BSOD during copying over LAN. This time the recovery message said:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 7177

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000008
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\112610-20482-01.dmp
C:\Users\Byron Will-Noel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36535-0.sysdata.xml

I have also added the new minidump to the original post if that will help!

Ah yeah, it's Comodo causing it most likely then. I missed that originally and thought that you had the AVG with the firewall instead.

Your Atheros wireless driver is unloaded in the crash so I can not see any details at all on it:

athurx.sys

Update it to latest anyhow:

ATHEROS Wireless drivers for Windows

It still get BSOD even without Comodo. I've tried copying with no firewalls & anti-virus software but still get BSOD! I saw something on another forum about it possibly being the wireless adapter (I'm connected to the net through the wireless USB adapter but have a wired LAN connection for my flat). I tried copying without the wireless adapter plugged in and no BSOD! Could this be the Atheros driver you mentioned? I've looked at the list but I don't know which one is for me... I'm using a TP-Link TL-WN722N adapter.

My I.E is also using a proxy but MSE still won't update?

Yep, that wireless driver needs to be updated.

I can't quickly find the chipset it uses, so simply update to newest from here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

OK, Ive got the 2nd lastest driver so I'll install the new one and report back after some testing!

Thanks for all the help so far TorrentG!

I'm still running without anti-virus and even tried copying with the usb wireless adapter removed from the PC but I'm still getting BSOD's!

I've attached the latest 3 to the original post...I hope they can provide more insight! I was thinking about a format and setting up a RAID 0 system. Maybe its time....

First, follow the faq for disabling sptd.sys. You have a weird version of the driver which renames itself with each reboot, so it can not be removed normally. This should disable it from being active, which is needed, because it is one of the particularly notorious drivers ever:

DuplexSecure - FAQ

After, go to safe mode and use Driver Sweeper from my link to clear all ATI video drivers/settings. Reboot to normal mode and install the latest driver again:

Phyxion.net | Driver Sweeper | Products | Products

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff88004addadb}

Unable to load image atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Also update your Microsoft Intellipoint driver software:

NuidFltr NuidFltr.sys Fri May 08 04:53:31 2009

First, follow the faq for disabling sptd.sys. You have a weird version of the driver which renames itself with each reboot, so it can not be removed normally. This should disable it from being active, which is needed, because it is one of the particularly notorious drivers ever:

DuplexSecure - FAQ

After, go to safe mode and use Driver Sweeper from my link to clear all ATI video drivers/settings. Reboot to normal mode and install the latest driver again:

Phyxion.net | Driver Sweeper | Products | Products

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff88004addadb}

Unable to load image atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Also update your Microsoft Intellipoint driver software:

NuidFltr NuidFltr.sys Fri May 08 04:53:31 2009

I've done everything and so far so good! :) I'm using the ATI 10.10 Hotfix drivers as the 10.11 drivers wouldn't install again & AMD apparently recommends that enthusiasts wait for 10.12 anyway. I'll keep running tests this afternoon and will post again if need be.

Thanks so much for all your help and patience! Its really been appreciated!

You're welcome. That's great to hear.

Yep, 10.10e is better for games anyhow, and that's not my word. It's straight from one of the actual driver developers, from one of his Tweet things. (I hate that site or any mention of it usually lol.)

You're welcome. That's great to hear.

Yep, 10.10e is better for games anyhow, and that's not my word. It's straight from one of the actual driver developers, from one of his Tweet things. (I hate that site or any mention of it usually lol.)

Ah man, its still happening! I'm over messing around with drivers... Do you think a new PCI LAN card would be work better?

Nah, that isn't going to make even the slightest difference. You're welcome to post a screen shot of CPU-Z spd tab and also memory tab.

Also, the latest crash dump you've ever posted still had the notorious sptd.sys variant. You're welcome to post them too, to see if this is still active or not.

Nah, that isn't going to make even the slightest difference. You're welcome to post a screen shot of CPU-Z spd tab and also memory tab.

Also, the latest crash dump you've ever posted still had the notorious sptd.sys variant. You're welcome to post them too, to see if this is still active or not.

So much for a quick fix then! I've accidentally erased the minidumps with CC-Reg Cleaner during my Sunday clean up/defrag so I'll have to replicate the problem again before I can post the minidump. Here are the screenshots you asked for until then...

SPD Tab.jpg

Memory Tab.jpg

Alright, you have a major issue with the RAM. It is currently running at half of its intended speed at 200 MHz. It should be 400 MHz. Go into the bios, make that change, save and things should be well. Keep us updated please. :)

(The machine is going to be a lot faster too.)

A quick off topic question: I want to upgrade my system but cash it tight. I've decided on a bigger HDD but now my budget only really allows for 1 of the following upgrades which cost around the same (I live in South Africa so pricing is higher than in the EU & USA). Do I upgrade my X2 5200 CPU to an X3 440 OR do I go from 3Gigs RAM to 6Gigs? I mostly game on this system & run high resolutions & keep in mind that my ATI 5770 only has 512mb RAM.

A quick off topic question: I want to upgrade my system but cash it tight. I've decided on a bigger HDD but now my budget only really allows for 1 of the following upgrades which cost around the same (I live in South Africa so pricing is higher than in the EU & USA). Do I upgrade my X2 5200 CPU to an X3 440 OR do I go from 3Gigs RAM to 6Gigs? I mostly game on this system & run high resolutions & keep in mind that my ATI 5770 only has 512mb RAM.

CPU upgrade would do the best for you....but make that change in the bios so your machine actually works at its intended speed and the bsods should stop too. :)

Back