Windows 7 BSOD when playing or closing games

hawk767

I was suffering from BSODs while playing games a month back and though it was the hard drive having issues. I just bought an SSD and installed windows on that while I keep everything else on my 1tb HDD. I'm still having the same issues. So far I've had 2 BSODs. The first was when I was closing Minecraft and it crashed, the second, and what was happening before, was while I was playing Modern Warfare 3. I also have had issues with crashes in Skyrim and Battlefield 3 in the past. I uploaded my dump files, I hope that works?

Edit: I added the sevenfolder with all of the information needed. Sorry for not doing that in the first place.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 120211-11497-01.dmp
    269.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 120311-11715-01.dmp
    269.8 KB · Views: 270
  • sevenfolder.zip
    847.3 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
You should take some time to address these two very old drivers
gdrv.sys 3/12/2009 Usually associated with Gigabyte Boards, possibly EasyTune
GVTDrv64.sys 9/5/2006 I can't find anything definitive about this except perhaps it may also be associated with Gigabyte Boards
You should try to either update the associated software that is responsible for these two drivers, or uninstall that software, or as a last resort rename both, search for a locate both, probably in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder and change the .sys extension to .BAK
If Blue Screens persist take some time and
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

Hi,

I have a few suggestions for you. Could you update your bios to the lastest from gigabyte
Can you also set your memory timings to 9-9-9-25 2T, I'd also recommend getting the latest motherboard drivers from the game.amd.com site.
May I also recommend disabling cool&Quiet in your bios. After trying all of these if bsods still occur please post back with a new sf folder containing new dmp files and cpu-z shots please.

NmsUK

For optimum performance, when enabling Dual Channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend that you install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets.
From page 16 of the motherboard manual.
Is there something physically keeping you from utilizing the two optimal slots?

Last edited:
Updated BIOS, edited memory timing, and have up to date video drivers. I also moved my memory after I did the tests and uploaded the file. I looked over them and realized I had them in the wrong slots so that's fixed as well.

Back
Top Bottom