Windows 10 Can I reset to an earlier version of Windows?

DevonDave

I'm having a problem sharing over my network with one particular laptop and no-one seems able to be able to fix this. I'm wondering whether it's worth trying to reinstall/reset Windows but would like to go back to the factory version. If I reset Windows will it be that version or are updates auto installed as well? Any help much appreciated.

it depends if you use the built in from the mfg. it will be as you first took it out of the box.
Otherwise you have two options using the official MS win10 image.
A fresh install puts it back to latest version.
A in place install that just replaces the windows and leave all you other data and programs. As always a backup you data is suggested.

As far as the issue is concerned if you have not already gone to MB mfg. site and got their latest drivers I would suggest that, and if that does not help you you could get older drivers to see if that helps.

it depends if you use the built in from the mfg. it will be as you first took it out of the box.
Otherwise you have two options using the official MS win10 image.
A fresh install puts it back to latest version.
A in place install that just replaces the windows and leave all you other data and programs. As always a backup you data is suggested.

As far as the issue is concerned if you have not already gone to MB mfg. site and got their latest drivers I would suggest that, and if that does not help you you could get older drivers to see if that helps.
Many thanks for your advice. The laptop came with a digital licence and so I've gone down the fresh install route which has installed the latest version just as you've said it would. The good news is that it the fresh install has solved my problem of access to other computers on my network and I'm now able to access files on my other machines. However, I have a drive connected to the USB port on my router which I still can't access except as a media device - my other laptop connects flawlessly with that drive from file explorer so I haven't completely solved my problem. It's a weird one....

Just in case you haven't checked make sure that the the sharing info is the same on the working PC and the one that does not work. Could be some slight difference. Good luck.

Back