Windows 7 Can't connect to home wireless signal ("Limited access") - Windows 7

Sorry, for some reason, perhaps the link, caused your post to get caught in the moderator's queue and I missed it for a couple minutes.
Looks like the one that I edited and added to my post above.
Anyway since you report that device manager seems to think that both your wired and wireless adapters are working fine....
You may want to try resetting the Winsock Catalog as well as the TCP/IP Stack, try this;

To reset Winsock for Windows Vista, follow these steps:
Click the start orb, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator, and then press Continue.
Type netsh winsock reset at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

Note If the command is typed incorrectly, you will receive an error message. Type the command again. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt. Then, go to step 3.
Type exit, and then press ENTER.
SOURCE: How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and in Windows Vista

The reset command is available in the IP context of the NetShell utility. Follow these steps to use the reset command to reset TCP/IP manually:
Click the start orb, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe, click Run as administrator, and then press Continue.
At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Reboot the computer.
When you run the reset command, it rewrites two registry keys that are used by TCP/IP. This has the same result as removing and reinstalling the protocol.

SOURCE: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Whoa! Not sure what's going on.
Can you plug the wired adapter into your router and temporarily disable the wireless card (type ncpa.cpl into the search or run dialog box and hit enter, select then right click the wireless adapter and choose disable)
Make sure the the IPv4 properties of the wired adapter is set to obtain address automatically in both location (IP and DNS), make sure that the DHCP and DNS client services are set to start automatically (type services.msc into the search or run dialog box hit enter, scroll as needed find both, double click and set startup type to automatic. Then reboot the computer into safemode with networking and tell me if the problem persists.

I'll get to this after a few errands and let you know.

In the interim, I have run a Linux liveCD and it worked fine under linux. Reported TCP/IP as 192.168.1.5 with DHCP at 1.2. So, this eliminates windows *thinking* it's working when it really isn't. I"m referring to the realtek.

Good to know. That gives up something to go on if we want to try and set static values manually for the RealTek IPv4 later just to see if we can force communications.
Still think it's something within Win7. Have you tried to run the system file checker just to see if there is any glaring issues with the Win7 system files.
From an elevated command prompt (start orb->All Programs->Accessories->Right click command prompt and choose run as administrator) and type
sfc /scannow
it may take a while so you may want to start it before running the errands.
See if that produces any information.

I'm back. Running sfc. at 65% currently.

My customer said that this problem occurred after installing AVG antivirus. I got on an AVG thread and they say that their software wouldn't cause this (short version).

Well one way to be sure would be to uninstall it using the control panel, programs and features applet and then follow up with the vendor specific proprietary removal tool you can always reinstall it later. Having worked for some time for an AVG reseller, I wouldn't put anything past it and am personally not very fond of the product at all.
Did you try safemode with networking?

"Can you plug the wired adapter into your router and temporarily disable the wireless card (type ncpa.cpl into the search or run dialog box and hit enter, select then right click the wireless adapter and choose disable)"

***Done.***

"Make sure the the IPv4 properties of the wired adapter is set to obtain address automatically in both location (IP and DNS),"

*** NOt sure how to locate this ***

make sure that the DHCP and DNS client services are set to start automatically (type services.msc into the search or run dialog box hit enter, scroll as needed find both, double click and set startup type to automatic. Then reboot the computer into safemode with networking and tell me if the problem persists."

*** this is fine as-is****

"Make sure the the IPv4 properties of the wired adapter is set to obtain address automatically in both location (IP and DNS),"

*** NOt sure how to locate this ***
Type ncpa.cpl into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
select then right click the wired adapter and choose properties
select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the properties button
make sure both radio button in both frames of the resultant dialog box are selected as Obtain xxxx automatically.

Done. All settings were already correct. No internet. No connection available, so claims WIndows when I try to connect it to my network via wire.

Done. All settings were already correct. No internet. No connection available, so claims WIndows when I try to connect it to my network via wire.
That's using safemode with networking?
Did you do an ipconfig /all while in safemode with networking to determine if the ip addressing scheme from your DHCP server (router) was present?

OK, that's pretty weird because even if your network adapter was unable to communicate with your DHCP server (router) Windows 7 should generate an APIPA (169.254.nnn.nnn) address on its' own anyway.
What happens if you open a commond prompt and type
ping 127.0.0.1 and hit enter?
and then
ping localhost and hit enter?

Do you now have or have you ever had either ZoneAlarm or Comodo or any other type of third party firewall product installed on this PC, including but not limited to the previously mentioned two third party software firewall products or any other third party internet security suite that includes a firewall applet as part of the software product?

THis computer isn't mine. I"d have to ask the customer if he has ever had such software installed. I doubt it though.

Pinging results in reply from 127.0.0.1 time<1ms TTL=128 four times. 4 sent , 4 received, 0 lost.

Localhost time < 1ms 4 sent, 4 received 0 lost.

I think it may be time to give this up as a loss and resort to the standard band-aid windows reinstall. I've rarely found it profitable to try to be surgical; generally the expense of the labor exceeds the value of the computer. We know the hardware is ok so a reinstall should deal with it. Unless of course something we can try as a next to last resort?

I think it may be time to give this up as a loss and resort to the standard band-aid windows reinstall. I've rarely found it profitable to try to be surgical; generally the expense of the labor exceeds the value of the computer. We know the hardware is ok so a reinstall should deal with it. Unless of course something we can try as a next to last resort?
Unfortunately your assessment is probably accurate. I would probably first try to force communications by manually assigning static values to the IPv4 configuration but my primary concern is that you are not even getting any APIPA address assignments and my suspicion is that someone or something (software) has corrupted or otherwise impacted the Windows registry values that control these values
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Adapters
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

hellow please help me admin i hav this problem about 2months ago until now i'm really tired of it all my driver are up to date here is my ip config all Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

C: \ Users \ Baby Ando> ipconfig / all

Windows-IP-konfiguration

Hostname. . . . . . . . . . . . : BabyAndo-PC
Primäres DNS-Suffix. . . . . . . :
Knotentyp. . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP-Routing aktiviert. . . . . . : Nein
WINS-Proxy aktiviert. . . . . . : Nein

Drahtlos-LAN-Adapter Drahtlosnetzwerkverbindung 37:

Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt
Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #
Physikalische Adresse. . . . . . : 00-D0-41-B6-AE-18
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Autokonfiguration aktiviert. . . : Ja

Drahtlos-LAN-Adapter Drahtlosnetzwerkverbindung 36:

Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless USB Card # 18
Physikalische Adresse. . . . . . : 00-D0-41-B6-AE-19
IPv4-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.34 (Bevorzugt)
Subnetzmaske. . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease erhalten Vorhandene. . . . . . . . . . : Sonntag, 5. Juni 2011 15.40.24
Lease Läuft ab. . . . . . . . . . : Montag, 6. Juni 2011 15.44.26
Standardgateway. . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP-Server. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS-Server. . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.4.4
NetBIOS Über TCP / IP. . . . . . . : Aktiviert

Ethernet-Adapter LAN-Verbindung:

Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
Physikalische Adresse. . . . . . : D0-27 bis 88-14-27 bis 59

Tunneladapter ISATAP {2D33CB08-47B3-4A50-B7EF-1B25C7E9F18E}.:

Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter # 2
Physikalische Adresse. . . . . . : 00 bis 00-00-00-00-00 bis 00-E0
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Nein

Tunneladapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5 EF5: 79fd: 181f: 305e: 3f57: fedd (Bevo
rzugt)
Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse. : Fe80:: 181f: 305e: 3f57: fedd% 25 (Bevorzugt)
Standardgateway. . . . . . . . . :::
NetBIOS Über TCP / IP. . . . . . . : Deaktiviert

Tunneladapter ISATAP {777A16CF-BE0E-4EC2-A60E-F4B186666DCE}.:

Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft-ISATAP-Adapter # 3

C: \ Users \ Baby Ando>
you can teamviewer me admin please help

Back