Windows 7 Crash while playing Games (MW3 MP, Counter Strike: Source, etc.)

5atcat

When I play games like Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer or CS:S my Laptop crashes.
(I am using a Laptop + Desktop, extended display). After some minutes of playing (depends) I get either Option No.1 or No.2:
1. Everything hangs (No taskmanager, etc.) and I see randoms colored pixels on my Desk and I can't even speak to my Buds in teamspeak.
2. I just see just one color and no pixels, at this option I can still hear and talk in Teamspeak, but stuff like taskmanager etc. doesn't work.

Another thread posted by me in another forum where they didn't help: Direct3DDevice9ent failed: An invalid parameter was passed to the...

I once managed it to run MW3 in Safety mode and this is what happened:
lolomh.png

System Specs:
1. 64bit
2. the original installed OS on the system? No.
3. an OEM or full retail version? I can just say that I bought it at the DELL homepage as a private customer.
(OEM = came pre-installed on system)
( Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer)
4. What is the age of system (hardware)? Bought it April 2011.
5. What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Yes somewhen this month because I thought this was gonna solve this problem had this problem before aswell.

(OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0NJT03
Memory: 4,00 GB
GCs: (1) NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (2) Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
SCs: (1) Intel(R) Display Audio (2) NVIDIA High Definition Audi
screen res: (1) 1920 x 1080 x 32 bits (4294967296 colors) @ 60 Hz
hard drive: ST9500420AS ATA Device

Alright that's it, I srsly hope that you guys can help me with this!
Aswell I added a Zip file including some old dmp fils etc.!

Thanks in advance,
Fatcat

Attachments

• Folder.rar
    608.4 KB · Views: 195
Hi Fatcat,

Your dmp files point to your graphics driver as being the culprit:

The VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED bug check has a value of 0x00000117. This indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely fashion.

Now I read your post in the other 7forum and noticed you said that you had updated your drivers off the CD provided. These are out of date and reading your dump I can see that several are in need of updating. Laptop drivers are always provided by the manufacturer so please update everything you can (including bios if update is present). The web site for your machine is below:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Edit: Just to add that if you've tried this then apologies.. But please let me know either way.

Last edited:
Did you check to see if any other updates were ready for your system not just gpu drivers? I'd certainly update whatever was available bios included.

K, downloaded & installed all files that were available for exactly my Laptop. Still not working.

Last edited:
Hmm...ok let's try this a different way... Try a process of elimination. Does the lappie bsod just playing the game/games or does it only bsod when using TeamSpeak? Try using TeamSpeak on it's own and seeing if the machine errors out.

There is one game that ALWAYS works called 'CrossFire' when I paly it I use teamspeak for hours! so ts isnt the problem :/

I just tried looking through your dmp file again but realised that you must have more and I'd like to see what's occurring now since you've updated the drivers so please post your most recent versions, thanks.

For some reason I didn't get new dmp files after crashing today o.o
But there's one from the 21th so I'll upload it, btw tommorow I'll be on vacations until the 1. august maybe I will be online until then but it's not sure! Hope you can provide me with help when I come back! :)

Attachments

• Folder 2.rar
    680.4 KB · Views: 254
Installed the 6 Video Drivers that were availabe.
Still getting this! :/

Apologies if you didn't mean this but do you mean you installed all the updates you found? You only need to run one gpu driver and if you update it or change it then the old one needs to be uninstalled. Please try running this app making sure you only remove the NVidia gpu files:

Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

Once you've done that then go back to your manufacturers web page and install only the latest version.

Just came back from my vacations, bug is still there but man this sweeper programm is not for free?

Something seems to be up with Driver Sweeper at Phyxion.net, when I click to download the free version (no donation) nothing happens. Big Red Banner, Looking for Driver Sweeper? Driver Fusion is the new..... blah, blah, blah. and a link to here Driver Fusion - The Complete Driver Solution looks similar. Don't know what the deal is, if Phyxion sold something or there was a merger or what.
Cnet has a copy of version 3.20 which I believe was the last and latest anyway if you want to stick with Driver Sweeper driver sweeper downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Just watch and don't install a bunch of bloatware toolbars and such with it

I guess I've found the hint to the problem.
I ran DriverSweeper and selected every nVidia stuff I was able to choose: nVidia Display, nVidia PhysX & nVidia Chipset.
Then I clicked analyse and I received a lot of Display and PhysX Stuff but not even one Chipsething o.o
So I will first clean it when you tell me too because if I just need a chipset driver this isnt necesarry I think.

Oh well nothing lasts forever right... (driver sweeper) Just remove the display and PhysX files for now.

Done, could you now tell me whihc drivers I need to install because I now can just use the desk of the laptop so please asap.

Hi, does the laptop still bsod or does it seem more stable? I did post the link for driver downloads in a previous post. You just need to install the latest display driver. Link Removed - Invalid URL

Still bsod, so wasn't able to wait so I went to the nvidia website and downloaded the very latest driver for my geforce 540m still not working :/ should I retry this whole thing with the dell driver?

Yes as with laptops sometimes they only update with drivers from the relevant manufacturer. Remember to un-install the driver first. Also can you post the most recent dmp file.

Back
Top Bottom