Windows 7 Freezes and BSODs - and I don't know why...

cashburner

Hi to all,
I'm a new member to this forum because I need help after experiencing immediate freezes garnished with BSODs from time to time on my Win7 64 bit system for some months now. I gave up hope that I find the reason for these problems by myself *-) and some mysterious search engine brought me on the way to you. :p

As stated above my Windows box presents a wild mixture of freezes and BSODs to me: sometimes the PC runs without any problems one complete day and the other day I get 5 freezes - during Windows startup, whilst entering my login password, during surfing, during video cutting, and: during nothing! I leave the room, come back after one hour or so and I see a frozen Windows or a BSOD. :(

I don't think that my problems is located in the memory area since I already checked it with a 30+ hours session of Memtest86+ from a bootable USB stick. No problems were found.

I've attached my collection of data from SF Diagnostic, CPU-Z, RAMMon and my "May 2012 edition" of Minidumps.

My AV software is "GData Internet Security 2012", I don't miss any MS patch day and I try to keep my drivers up to date. But I'm sure that some are not really up to date. I have the suspicion that my graphics card may cause the problems but of course, I'm not sure.

I appreciate any help and support concerning these problems.

I don't think that I'll be able to check this forum every day but I will answer any question as soon and good as I can. And I will try out your suggestions, of course.
As I struggle with these problems for some months now (some day more, some day less), you can see that I'm really patient. :cool: But the day will come that I go nuts! :mad: ;)

Thank you in advance!

cashburner

(I'm really glad that my box didn't freeze or bluescreen during the creation of this thread... :smile: )

Attachments

• Seven Forums - cpu-z - Minidumps - RAMMon.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 354
Hi, no hints yet? :-( If informations are missing, please let me know!
TIA,
cashburner.

P.S. I think I'll try a different graphics adapter in the next days... Just a thought...

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

In your case if, when testing with all four sticks, errors are produced, please remove a single stick of ram and resume testing.
If you can run error free with three sticks but encounter errors early in testing with all four sticks then you'll need to bump your voltage to compensate for the additional demand on the controller incrementally until system is stable with all four sticks installed. Start at 1.5v, and increase based on increments allowed somewhere around 1.58 or 1.6 you'll likely stop Blue Screening.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom