Windows 7 Games that Work and Games that Don't.

As I already have some of the games listed, here are some others I've gotten to work (I'm probably repeating a few):

- Hellgate: London (trainers don't work though :frown:)

- Bloodrayne 2

- Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (though it doesn't help that it's a severely bugged game)

- Neverwinter Nights 2 + expansions

- Devil May Cry 4

- Dynasty Warriors 6

- *Fallout 3 (some people are having problems, I've only had it freeze up on me once)

- No One Lives Forever 2

- Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries

As far as what probably won't work, I would say that if it wouldn't run in XP (i.e. games from the DOS-early Windows), it probably won't run in 7.

Last edited:
I formated for the first time since 7000 when the RC leaked. I play a lot of games. Installing them on 7000 was a lot of work, installing this in compat mode, download this patch for that etc. 7100 however installed all my game mint. Dont really go for older games ie pre dx9c though. But all the newer dx10 games were no hastle at all and I have yet to find one that doesnt work.

Windows 7 have matured a lot in this area

nhl 09

For me NHL 09 is not running well with Win7 RC1 x64.

I mean instead of beeing widescreen format it's just fullscreen. It was running fine with Vista x64.

I have the latest Nvidia driver for Win7 , I'll try the Vista x64 driver instead and let you know.

Any other suggestions ?

regards,

Dan

For me NHL 09 is not running well with Win7 RC1 x64.

I mean instead of beeing widescreen format it's just fullscreen. It was running fine with Vista x64.

I have the latest Nvidia driver for Win7 , I'll try the Vista x64 driver instead and let you know.

Any other suggestions ?

regards,

Dan

Windows 7 is not the problem with that game, stoopd EA wrote the game in 4:3 and there is no way to cheat it. I took this game back aftre about 10mins of playing it. There is a way to strech it but its by no means true widescreen.
NHL 09 Widescreen hack
Classic console port game.

Windows 7 is not the problem with that game, stoopd EA wrote the game in 4:3 and there is no way to cheat it. I took this game back aftre about 10mins of playing it. There is a way to strech it but its by no means true widescreen.
NHL 09 Widescreen hack
Classic console port game.
excellent it works ! thank you

don't know why it seems that the default settings of my nvidia card were different from the ones under Vistax64

best regards,

Dan

hey guys maybe we expect to much for a OS that actually is in beta or RC maybe the final release don't work like this one don't you think

agree
but we never expected this RC to be flawless, that's why this forum exist. We are here to discuss about the problems and trying to solve them, trying to help each other...

yea it's ok and thnx to this forum cuz i'm in another world whit this OS hehe but i still wonderin why the first time i install the win7 my game run too fastt very fast it's like it has a speed gear or something hehe

RC 7100 64 Bit - All of the following games installed without issue and are working beautifully :razz:!

-Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena
-Crysis
-Dark Sector
-Dead Space
-Fallout 3
-Far Cry 2
-Fear 2
-GRAW 2
-GTA IV
-HL2 w/Fakefactory Cinematic Mod 9.51
-Mass Effect
-Mercenaries 2
-Stalker Clear Sky
-Timeshift
-X3: Terran Conflict (make sure to download the latest Tages drivers though)

Need for Speed Undercover didn't work. I use 64bit RC. Installation went ok, but when I started the game there was only sound and a the screen viewed a lot of little vibrating spots. After restart the screen was normal again but I couldn't start NFS.

Oblivion

So I recently upgraded from Win 7 Build 7000 x64 to Build 7077 x64

Previously to Build 7077 I had a long list of games that worked, including The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

However, with this new build, when I click play, it seems as tough the game is going to load as it takes me to a black screen, but then nothing happens. After waiting 5 minutes to see if anything would indeed happen, I tried to alt-tab out. At this point it seems like the comp recognizes I've tabbed out, but the screen remains black. I hit escape and it returns me to the desktop.

There is no crash report or error message, or any evidence that Oblivion was running or is still running in the task manager. It just disappears.

I'm running a Quad-core, 4gigs of ram, ati hd3870

I'm running the executable in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Any suggestions?

So I recently upgraded from Win 7 Build 7000 x64 to Build 7077 x64

Previously to Build 7077 I had a long list of games that worked, including The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

However, with this new build, when I click play, it seems as tough the game is going to load as it takes me to a black screen, but then nothing happens. After waiting 5 minutes to see if anything would indeed happen, I tried to alt-tab out. At this point it seems like the comp recognizes I've tabbed out, but the screen remains black. I hit escape and it returns me to the desktop.

There is no crash report or error message, or any evidence that Oblivion was running or is still running in the task manager. It just disappears.

I'm running a Quad-core, 4gigs of ram, ati hd3870

I'm running the executable in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Any suggestions?

Nevermind, I tried switching the video options during the launcher. Apparently it wouldn't run in the low resolution that it was default set to. WEIRD. Anyhow problem solved.

Last edited:
Games I cant get to work on rc1 7100

il2 1946....freezes in menu
Tom clancys HAWX....works but with constant hangs.(on steam)

Games that work:..for Me.

FSX+acceleration
COD4
WAW
LFD (steam)
Crysis,all
Fear 2
Lost planet (steam)
Grid
Unreal tourn.
Team fortress (steam)
Mirrors Edge (Steam)

Some Difficulties

Background: I installed 7 on an older XP box running on a Athlon XP 2800+ with 3gb PC400 and an nVidia geForce 7800. All of my newer games ran fine at mediocre to medium settings on XP.

Currently going through and installing the games on Windows 7 now. What I have so far:

Fallout3: Installed fine. Ran great for about 20 minutes.
Problems: 1. Graphics were...in a word...weird. Graphics were blocky, but the facial features were better defined than when running on XP. Boosted the settings but had the same issues.
2. While the game was still running...and runing jus fine...I got a pop-up error box stating that Fallout3 had stopped running and windows was trying to determine why...but it was still running and still responding to keyboard/mouse commands.

Mass Effect: This is the most disheartening, since it is my favorite game right now.
Problem: Will not install. Gets to a point and says it cannot open a particular file.
Attempted solutions: Run as administrator: No Luck.

Any help with ME from those who succesfully installed it would be greatly appreciated. I will post updates as I try installing/running more.

Next attempt to install...failed at the same file.
Problem:
Still not installing...gets to a point and stops.
I copied the disk to my hdd so I could run it from there as admin. It got to the same point as when installing from disk and stopped.
The Error: The error box says:
Error opening file for writing
C:\Program Files\Mass Effect\saferun.dll

Last edited:
GTA San Andreas - works
Sims 2 - works with some issues (switching to compatibility mode may work)
SimPE utility for Sims 2 - Preferences dialog crashes on build 7000; now works on RC1
SpecialForce Online - Crashes after login; has known compatibility issues with Vista, as well as GameGuard anticheat software conflicting with W7
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - works; projected shadows would not appear with newer Nvidia video cards, most notably in the Jerusalem and other levels. It is still possible to finish the game, though.
Garry's Mod - works, much like Counter-Strike Source and other HL2 mods
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent - works; seems to have some issues with Vista as well as 7, can be partially fixed using -ll parameter
Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge - works with some slight issues; people with high-res displays may adjust the ra2.ini or ra2md.ini to match the monitor's native resolution.

I'll post some more after the break...

Last edited:
hi, new member, just want to throw away my 2 cents....

Build 7100

working.-

Age of empires 3
Racer Grid
Burnout Paradaise
Marvel ultimate alliance
Ultimate spiderman

And a friend of mine tried:

Empire total war
Call of duty 4
HAWX
Demigod

-that system is extremly equal to mine-

XFX 9800GTX+
quadcore q6600 2.40 ghz
4 gigs ram

All working flawlessly =), at least not a problem... will report tomorrow with wolverine origins, mirrors edge, and some NFS that i am getting.

cheers

PS.- sorry for the english!

Back