Windows 7 HDMI sound output not working EVEN when it's set as default device with green checky thing!

badsantakq

Hey guys,

Please help me with this frustrating lack of HDMI sound issue. Everything was working great up till today and, for no apparent reason ( I didn't change any settings or fiddle with anything), the HDMI sound stopped working.

Here's my set up.. I have an Acer Aspire 5252-v440 laptop hooked up to a Samsung LN46D630 LCD tv via HDMI. When watching a movie on my tv through my laptop, my AMD HDMI is currently set as Default device, AND the green arrow is checked on the HDMI. HOWEVER, when I play a video or something, the speakers volume indicator moves up and down (showing that in fact, the speakers are outputting sound, even though my HDMI is set up to run.

Weird? Please help!

Does Windows Update show a hardware update?

Is the connection still good, and the cable?

Maybe setting the speakers back as default, then back to HDMI might help.

Is there only the one HDMI output on your system?

Does Windows Update show a hardware update?

Is the connection still good, and the cable?

Maybe setting the speakers back as default, then back to HDMI might help.

Is there only the one HDMI output on your system?

1) Windows update doesn't show sh*t, cuz I turned off windows update since almost when I first got the computer.
2) The connection is still good / the cable is 100% operational
3) I did seat the speakers back as default, then back to AMD HDMI (I think it used to be "ATI HDMI" all the way up till I can remember.. I think it has been reading AMD HDMI instead for a few days... not totally sure... but got a feeling about this)
4) There's only 1 HDMI output on my computer... there's 4 HDMIs on my tv

one more thing...

for #3, I know, as a fact, that back a few days ago when it read ATI hdmi... everything was 100% good to go.... i think since it has been AMD hdmi... things have screwed up.. not 100% sure on this... but a feeling.

one more thing lol...

I think the last few days since my HDMI has been default and checked but NOT working... my JetAudio video player has also not worked.

The only thing I can think of that I have installed or uninstalled since this issue is I uninstalled Vueminder (cuz my boss sends me these stupid .ics files that no one in the world knows about). I uninstalled vueminder yesterday (is when I have started noticing the HMDI issue) using Revo uninstaller Pro - I did an advanced uninstall (the most deep uninstall option.. sometimes may pick up files not necessary 100% to do with the uninstall program in question.... but additional files too).

Unfortuantely, i have no restore points to revert to a previous time.

I think since then this issue has made me post.

Thanks! lol

I don't suppose the uninstaller kept a log of what it removed?

You may have to reinstall the drivers for whatever handles the HDMI output, whether it is a Discreet card or an onboard video/chipset.

I see the system does have sound (Realtek) and VGA drivers. I would probably try reinstalling the sound to see if it would help.

Back