Windows 7 [Help] Windows 7 Startup not Sound ?

Windowslovely

Windows%207%20audio.png

Currently my computer has no sound Startup and Shutdown at Windows 7, although all other sound systems are operating normally,

Default Beep caution :rolleyes:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Looking forward to the help, Thanks!

You may need to add additional drivers. Does the manufacturer have any Win 7 drivers that might be labeled as legacy or something in addition the the Win 7 HD Audio drivers?

you had a psu problem?
do you overclock? - it's a particular problem especially for PCI sound
are there other problems?

tried a different sound scheme?

the quickest would be a 7 repair install from CD just to make sure the OS is fine. Then check if the problem persists

sound

hi
so when you click on the yellow Astrix don't you get options of which sound to use in that selection? you normaly choose one then click apply :eek:

Hello !!

Did you try to reinstall your Sound drivers ?? I worth a shot !! Go to your Device Manager and uninstall your sound driver and reboot and reinstall you Sound driver and see if that take care of your problem.

Hope this helps,
Captain

you had a psu problem?
do you overclock? - it's a particular problem especially for PCI sound
are there other problems?

tried a different sound scheme?

the quickest would be a 7 repair install from CD just to make sure the OS is fine. Then check if the problem persists

not overclock, I've used Startup Restore.... but so

hi
so when you click on the yellow Astrix don't you get options of which sound to use in that selection? you normaly choose one then click apply :eek:

Link Removed due to 404 Error
After I install the driver again, yellow is not appear, but some new problems appear

Hello !!

Did you try to reinstall your Sound drivers ?? I worth a shot !! Go to your Device Manager and uninstall your sound driver and reboot and reinstall you Sound driver and see if that take care of your problem.

Hope this helps,
Captain

I tried to reinstall the driver many times, but this seems more serious problem ...

When I starting Windows, It emits a beep several times

I need a skill can restore the entire Windows system sounds in Registry

You don't have the .wav audio file for that event in the C:/Windows/Media/ folder.

I have included the file in an attachment. Copy it to that folder and the chime should work.

You are probably missing the startup and shutdown .wav files too.

Attachments

• Windows Shutdown.zip
    108.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 540
  • Capture 1.jpg
    Capture 1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 507
  • Windows Ding.zip
    98.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Windows Startup.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
These beeps you hear are when Windows starts and not during boot, correct?

The windows sounds are in the \Windows\Media folder. Changing those files is not easy to do. Are yours still there? Have you been running any other software that might have altered your normal setup?

Have you tried making any registry changes yourself that might have caused problems. I do not see registry entries for the sounds themselves, just file associations.

The Windows startup sound is in another file that has to be hacked to change. Were you attempting to do that?

I have done by way of @Captain Jack, Device Manager> Unsinstall> Restart> Reinstall

Windows Startup Sound and has been operating normally, but I've missed delete the Windows Default Sound schemes

While appearing on a Windows repeated cries of the file C:\Windows\Media\Windows Startup.wav

I need to restore Windows Default Sound schemes

Attachments

• Windows Startup.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 261
These beeps you hear are when Windows starts and not during boot, correct?

The windows sounds are in the \Windows\Media folder. Changing those files is not easy to do. Are yours still there? Have you been running any other software that might have altered your normal setup?

Have you tried making any registry changes yourself that might have caused problems. I do not see registry entries for the sounds themselves, just file associations.

The Windows startup sound is in another file that has to be hacked to change. Were you attempting to do that?

Windows Startup files can be inserted and replaced on a certain platform,
For example, Ubuntu, Application in Hirent's Boot CD...etc...

Currently, my computer does not crash at startup sound,
Maybe by a few changes in the Registry

I understood the process of its operation. Now I just need to link the structure leads to the files in folders for Media SOUND SCHEME: WINDOWS DEFAULT

Finished !

DONE ALL!

Everything has been overcome!

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED!

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

@Captain Jack: thanks you !

Back