Windows 7 Help With Installing 64bit

XwXSpaWnXwX

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

• [*]For these items, make the following changes:

• Uninstall these programs. Open Control Panel and search for "uninstall a program".

• [*]Windows PowerShell

Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

• These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program".

• [*]Daemon Tools

Not sure how to uninstall PowerShell its not in the Add/Remove and I don't really get why this would be a problem.

Upgrade versus Clean Install

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.

• [*]For these items, make the following changes:
  • Uninstall these programs. Open Control Panel and search for "uninstall a program".

• [*]Windows PowerShell

Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:

• These programs might not work properly after the upgrade. We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel, and search for "uninstall a program".

• [*]Daemon Tools
Not sure how to uninstall PowerShell its not in the Add/Remove and I don't really get why this would be a problem.

The clean install is always the best way to deal with windows7 . From your post I can see the issues you have encountered and would suggest you partition and do a clean install . If you really want to do an upgrade follow the advice given while attempting to upgrade .
What are you trying to upgrade from ? Good idea to state the OS you are upgrading from :)

Last edited:
Im running Vista 64 bit

To uninstall Windows PowerShell 1.0, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. Click to select the Show updates check box.
  3. In the Currently installed programs list, click Windows PowerShell(TM) 1.0, and then click Remove.
  4. Follow the instructions to remove Windows PowerShell(TM) 1.0.
hope that helps :)

The clean install is always the best way to deal with windows7 . From your post I can see the issues you have encountered and would suggest you partition and do a clean install . If you really want to do an upgrade follow the advice given while attempting to upgrade .
What are you trying to upgrade from ? Good idea to state the OS you are upgrading from :)

It looks like he has a pretty clean system and those listed are MINOR issues. ONLY PowerShell needs to be removed, because Windows 7 will NOT install until it's removed. However I would suggest he also remove Daemon Tools. There are some acceptable Daemon Tools replacements if he REALLY needs it.

You must work for Dell :)

Note: It is always optimal to do a clean install but it is nothing as critical as it was for XP or Vista.

I'm on Vista and I'm unable to update to Office 2007 SP2 as it errors out. I spent hours trying to make it update and finally gave up. When I use the update feature of Windows 7 and all is up and running I'm able to update Office 2007 to SP2. Some things updating fixes.

Well I can't get rid of daemon tools due to the fact that I'm using it to mount the ISO with it to install windows 7 :) and ya my system is pretty new just built it 2 months ago

Well I can't get rid of daemon tools due to the fact that I'm using it to mount the ISO with it to install windows 7 :) and ya my system is pretty new just built it 2 months ago

Oh dear no chance of burning the ISO to a DVD always good :D
Well good luck with it anyways .

When windows say software is incompatible it is .

Last edited:
Well its all good and working, Damon tools doesnt work anymore but it did its job to get me to windows 7 :) Anyways thank you for the help and I guess while i'm here is there anything cool features i should check out with this new OS?

Well its all good and working, Damon tools doesnt work anymore but it did its job to get me to windows 7 :) Anyways thank you for the help and I guess while i'm here is there anything cool features i should check out with this new OS?

Wow! good :)

Back
Top Bottom