Windows 10 How to disable microsoft account password request in login

Safal Piya

How to disable microsoft account password request in login
I had installed Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 in my computer.
I liked Windows 10. I liked the cortana. But the cortana asks for the microsoft account. It switch my user to the microsoft account. Every time I login the windows requires my microsoft account password. Can somebody help me to disable microsoft account password request in login. That will be a pleasure. Thanks

As far as I know the only way you can avoid this is by having no internet connection at the time you install Windows and create a user account. Even then you are likely to need to log on to a Microsoft Account to download/install software, run programs like Skype etc so in the long term it simply becomes increasingly difficult to avoid.

As Pat mentions, some items like Cortana require the Microsoft account log in. With others, you may be able to sign in just for that app.

But if you want to go back to the local account, on the User page there should be something which mentions Disconnecting and will allow you to revert back to the local account.

Earlier I had Windows 10 booting directly into my User Account, but I can't seem to do that now.

I also had it setup to use a four digit code but even though that's an option now, it won't let me log in using it even if I set it up to do so.

As Pat mentions, some items like Cortana require the Microsoft account log in. With others, you may be able to sign in just for that app.

But if you want to go back to the local account, on the User page there should be something which mentions Disconnecting and will allow you to revert back to the local account.
I want to use my microsoft account only for the cortana and I don't want to change my account to the microsoft account. Is there any way to do it?

Back
Top Bottom