Windows 7 I Cant Pin programs to the taskbar

alt572

it has the option to do so but when i click it nothing happens. before this when i could pin programs it said that windows is using too much ram and that my computer is slow, wich it is not. :mad:

Thanks for moving it then. But i would really need some help with this issue, as i am trying to find more options than a re-install.

Hi

Right click on the Taskbar.

Click on Properties.

Click on Toolbars.

Make sure that Quick Launch is checked.

Pick a Program you would like to add to the Task Bar, right click on it''s Icon.

See if the option Pin to Taskbar is available.

Mike

mm.PNGHi mike. When i go to the toolbars tab there is only Desktop option nothing else, and yes when i right click on a program it has the option to pin it but it does nothing. And when i open the start menu the latest used programs are not there, only in all programs.no..PNG

Last edited:
This just happen recently? There is a setting in Start Menu properties that can have the Recent Items show (there) or not. Still, there is enough stuff missing that I would suggest malware or corruption in the Registry. Run Malwarebytes, sfc /scannow & chkdsk /r/f. Depending on things after that or beyond that would consider Sys Restore or Repair from the OS disc before, feeling like a Rebuild is necessary. Regards, Drew

Hi Again

I just noticed when I right click on the task bar the top selection is Toolbars.

Do you have that?

There is a place to select Quick Launch there.

It's weird that you only have the Desktop option in the menu image you posted I have 6 options there.

Some that don't even have anything to do with my computer like Tablet PC Input Panel.

Mike

Hi

Check out this post...

January-12-2012

I downloaded Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager (30 dayTrial Version, Free) Install it and open it, then on the left side I went to (Customize System) Then (Taskbar) (Top Right).

Then look for the tweak that says (Diasable TaskBar Pinned Programs) Check it and click save. Don't panic when all the icons in the taskbar vanish, then UN check the same box and hit save.

The icons return and you'll regain the function to pin to the taskbar. It also restores the "Pin To Start Menu" and The "Pin To Taskbar Feature"

Link Removed due to 404 Error

and download the 32 bit or 64 bit verson.

The program is free for 30 days.

Back