Windows 8 I REALLY NEED HELP.

disha

HEY

MY WINDOWS LAPTOP HAS STOPPED WORKING.

ITS STUCK IN THE AUTOMATIC REPAIR LOOP.

I TRIED F8 AND F12 BUT THEY ARE USELESS.

PLEASE HELP.

Try this....turn off laptop, unplug AC power cord, remove battery. Let it set for 5 minutes then put in the battery and see if it will boot up.

Try this....turn off laptop, unplug AC power cord, remove battery. Let it set for 5 minutes then put in the battery and see if it will boot up.

If Bass is suggesting a power drain, while the battery is detached and other peripherals, press and hold the power button for 30sec to drain all residual power then put everything back together and try to boot.

Nah...I wasn't suggesting the root cause to be a power drain. Just from personal experience with laptops/netbooks....where they were stuck in a loop like that, no matter the type of loop, that trick has worked for me every time. I don't know why or for what reason but removing the battery for 5 minutes seems to clear the loop. I've had it work for the repair loop and a update loop.

Nah...I wasn't suggesting the root cause to be a power drain. Just from personal experience with laptops/netbooks....where they were stuck in a loop like that, no matter the type of loop, that trick has worked for me every time. I don't know why or for what reason but removing the battery for 5 minutes seems to clear the loop. I've had it work for the repair loop and a update loop.

It's actually a standard troubleshooting procedure when a PC is somehow stuck. You need to power drain it to refresh the "memory" and get past the error.

Here's is the exact procedure sent to me by Acer Tech support (but this is for desktop PC, should be the same for laptops):

1.Turn off computer and unplug power cord.

2.Disconnect everything except monitor, mouse and keyboard.

3.Press power button and hold for 30 seconds.

4.Plug power cord back into computer and press power button.

5.Check front panel LEDs (lights) on bezel (front face) or optical drives and listen for power supply fan.

6.If LEDs are on or power supply fan starts spinning, watch for boot screen on monitor.

7.If computer begins to start, turn it off.

8.Reconnect any external devices.

9.Press the power button and make sure the computer starts.

Cheers!

I hope the OP fixed his problem.

Last night I performed a Malwarebytes full scan on my ASUS 10-incher and it picked up 4 threats. So I cleaned it up. Upon restart, I also got stuck in repair loop. The Startup Repair also did not help. But since this is a tablet and it will take hours before I can do a complete power drain (and I don't want to pry it open to get the battery out), I just decided to do an image recovery. It was an easy decision for me to make because most programs I have are portable versions (because it only has 32GB storage capacity and I just added a 64GB micro-SD). Plus my desktop configuration is synced online so I got back to my original settings after a 10-minute image restoration like nothing happened.
The question I have in mind is why Malwarebytes gave me such a problem?

Sorry, I don't mean to hi-jack this thread. It's the same issue with the OP who is not reporting back anymore. :)

Back