Windows 8 Import files in Outlook 2010?

James Quinlan

I just converted all my thunderbird archived mails from mbox format to pst format using Gladwev Thunderbird to PST Converter.
I used Thunderbird on my mac OS X, and being a new user to windows platform I am getting a little confused on how to import these converted files in Outlook 2010. are there any import/export addons for outlook 2010 too as in thunderbird.

Great choice of tool for migration from Thunderbird to Windows Outlook. However you can easily import the convert file into Outlook 2010 following these steps:

1. Click File > Open & Export > Import/Export.

This starts the Import and Export Wizard.

2. Choose Import from another program or file, and then click Next.

15cdd674-cd7b-492c-8e93-992cfa890f26.jpg

3. Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.

4. Browse to the .pst file you want to import.

5. Under Options, choose how you want to deal with duplicates

6. Click Next.

7. If a password was assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), enter the password, and then click OK.

8. Set the options for importing items. The default settings usually don’t need to be changed.

9. Click Finish.
I hope these will be helpful. Thanks

Excellent solution provided by Steve here. The following provides every step with a screen shot to help you in a much better way. I hope you will find it useful:

Import Outlook items from an Outlook Data File (.pst)
When you want to migrate Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items, tasks, and notes from one computer to another or restore a backup of your Outlook data, the Import and Export Wizard is the easiest way to complete the task.

1. Click the File tab.

2. Click Open.

3. Click Import.

4. In the Import and Export Wizard, click Import from another program or file, and the click Next.

865c9cd2-8e51-4876-8097-3e5a778e6055.jpg

5. Click Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.

30a60118-96a9-4613-be7f-a8603b93daaa.jpg

6. Click Browse, and then choose the file to import.

NOTES Under Options, it is recommended that you click Do not import duplicates unless you want the imported information to replace or duplicate items already in Outlook.

3dc40eac-9691-40d2-bfdf-7eab5eb364e0.jpg

7. Click Next.

8. If a password was assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), you are prompted to enter the password, and then click OK.

9. Set the options for importing items. The default settings usually don’t need to be changed.

53bb4b67-57a3-4ecf-aea6-504396fef292.jpg

10. The top folder — usually Personal Folders, Outlook Data File, or your email address — is selected automatically.

11. Include subfolders is selected by default. All folders under the folder selected will be imported.

12. The default selection of Import items into the same folder in matches the folders from the imported file to the folders in Outlook. If a folder doesn’t exist in Outlook, it will be created.

13. Click Finish.

Back
Top Bottom