After restarting my laptop a few weeks ago upon completing a Windows 8.1 Update, I could not access the internet despite being connected to the internet. The connection was not limited and the troubleshooter pointed out that the connection between my access point, router or cable modem and the Internet is broken. In Google Chrome, they would fail to look up the DNS and state this error : DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN So, I searched the internet with my phone and went to other forums but to no avail. I tried solutions for issues that sounded similar to mine like changing the dns address of my IPv4 to Google's and disabling my IPv6 but they didn't work. Finally, I found a temporary solution : opening command prompt (admin) and typing these : ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh winsock reset catalog It worked for the first time. But then the issue came back and it took a few tries to fix the second one. Then it kept coming and going for the past few weeks. The more it came, the more tries it took to fix it. I need a permanent solution to this issue and I'm hoping to find one soon if not now. If there has been a solution this whole while, please share it with me.