Windows 8 Internet Usage Issues After Update

Snip3xD

After restarting my laptop a few weeks ago upon completing a Windows 8.1 Update, I could not access the internet despite being connected to the internet. The connection was not limited and the troubleshooter pointed out that the connection between my access point, router or cable modem and the Internet is broken.

In Google Chrome, they would fail to look up the DNS and state this error :
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

So, I searched the internet with my phone and went to other forums but to no avail. I tried solutions for issues that sounded similar to mine like changing the dns address of my IPv4 to Google's and disabling my IPv6 but they didn't work. Finally, I found a temporary solution : opening command prompt (admin) and typing these :

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset catalog

It worked for the first time. But then the issue came back and it took a few tries to fix the second one. Then it kept coming and going for the past few weeks. The more it came, the more tries it took to fix it.

I need a permanent solution to this issue and I'm hoping to find one soon if not now. If there has been a solution this whole while, please share it with me.

You're not alone...I'm experiencing the same thing. So far the only work around I found was to keep running the troubleshooter or manually disconnect and reconnect from the network selection area.

If you find a fix, let me know and I'll do the same.

Here's a photo of my ipconfig
1418310921879-992267044.jpg
I apologize if it isn't clear enough.

I can manage with the image ok but you need to show "all" info for the ipconfig - you need to enter:

ipconfig /all

It will be easier if you send the output to a file on your desktop the post the file here - to do that you need to use this command:

ipconfig /all >desktop\ipconfig.txt

the post the resulting file ipconfig from your desktop.

I would if I could. But as I mentioned, I can't use the internet on my laptop even though it's connected. Also, I tried using the command you provided but "The system cannot find the path specified".
Here's two photos of my ipconfig /all in order. It starts from the command.
14183126728681580246311.jpg

Continues on from Ethernet adapter Hamachi.
1418312930386-1280621134.jpg

Again, I apologize for not being able to post the entire ipconfig in one clear and accurate .txt file or photo.

No problem. Are you running a vpn on your system. If not you should go to device manager and uninstall the hamachi ethernet adapter. Also remove the two tunnel adapters. Also disable IPv6 on your wired ethernet adapter.

No, I am not running a VPN. I have removed Hamachi Ethernet Adapter, the two duplicate tunnel adapters and disabled my IPv6. After all of this, I restarted my laptop. The issue is still here. Here's the updated ipconfig /all. I can almost fit it all in one photo now.

The heading at the top not captured by the camera is : Windows IP Configuration
1418319559294581840535.jpg

Sorry - missed one - can you remove Wireless LAN adapter 12. Also, either the tunnel adapter has reconfigured itself or one was left - try and get rid of it. Then reboot and do a(hopefully final) ipconfig /all

Here's a photo of my network adapters to see if there is anything else I should remove/uninstall.
1418321784624581840535.jpg

And here's the ipconfig /all after the changes and a reboot.
1418322294613-992267044.jpg

Also, the issue has not been fixed after the reboot. And the Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter which was deleted came back. Other than that, no changes to the Device Manager.

Have a look in control panel to see if you have an Intel Wireless control program. If so try running the repair option.

I do not have an Intel Wireless control program or anything that looks like it. I do however, have an Akamai NetSession Interface Control Panel under Network and Internet if it can help in any way.

As mentioned before, I am unable to use the internet. After downloading the file on my phone then transferring it to my laptop, the update tool requires a connection to work.

I am currently using my wired connection. The connection is perfectly fine but I am unable to surf the internet or use any online-related programs. However, I am able to login and remain online in Steam. Still, any game or program I launch which requires any sort of online connection is unavailable.

I've updated the driver successfully using e. On Steam, my games started updating for a brief moment but are now stuck. The internet symbol also showed a limited network for a bit then changed back to fully connected. The issue is still not fixed. When I troubleshooted using HP's network troubleshooter, it says that the network gateway is accessible, but Windows cannot receive network traffic from the Internet.

Back