Move from outlook mac to outlook windows

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by leonim, Nov 25, 2014.

1. leonim

leonim New Member

How can I move my email data from outlook 2011 mac to outlook 2013 windows? I have emails downloaded in my macbook pro which I would like to view on my windows laptop. I know I can forward them but there are too many of them and forwarding will be too much time consuming for me.

2. kevinthepete

kevinthepete New Member

If you are using IMAP, you do not need to migrate emails as these are stored on server but if you have downloaded these emails onto drive and they have been removed from server, in this case, it might get difficult to get these mails migrated.

One method is to configure a IMAP account with ample of storage space and then copy the email folders into IMAP account so thatb they are uploaded into email account first. Once the uploading process completes, you may configure same account in outlook windows and it will download emails onto windows pc in outlook. However, this process might be quite difficult and time taking and also might result into errors if there are a lot of emails.

If you have lot of emails for migration, you may use a third party application for migrating emails from one format to another as other method might not yield good results. In this case, you may first export emails from outlook mac in olm format and then convert them into pst format compatible with outlook windows using OLM to PST Converter Pro and then import in outlook windows using pst import feature.

3. leonim

leonim New Member

Thank you kevin for informative post. I tried creating a new gmail account and moving messages into it after configuring it in outlook mac but it resulted into an error. I have quite large email database of approx 5-6 GB's. I found it quite tiring to first sync them with imap and upload it and then download it onto a new machine. So, I took help of the utility suggested by you and it worked flawlessly and I was able to move all my emails from outlook mac to outlook windows within a few minutes. Thanks once again.

4. kevinthepete

kevinthepete New Member

You are welcome leonim. Glad to be of help. A few months back, I also faced the same kind of issue with outlook 2011 and was taken aback by nil support from Microsoft. Then, I came to know about this application. The ease of use and excellent support from Gladwev software got my emails back and got me back on track.