Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Change up in parts G.Skill KM780 price went up drastically, so I'm not getting it.
I ordered a Logitech G213 Prodigy Keyboard & Logitech G403 Prodigy Mouse from Newegg and I have the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY downloading from GOG right now.
Old pc goes up for sale next week when new keyboard & mouse arrive.

In case any of you have a Samsung ssd, they released Samsung Magician 5.0 yesterday. I haven't noticed any performance improvements in it. They did redo the looks of it, though.
Thanks for the heads up. I was out all day so missed the update.

You're welcome. I like the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY, so far. I'll try it some more a little bit later, when I can crank my speakers up. It looks terrific. I have everything on ultra, except I turned off ssao.

Oh, I finally got my blood glucose test strips yesterday. Now, I just have to do more blood tests at the hospital Monnday morning before my doctor's appointment on the 9th.

The G.Skill KM780 RGB went from $99.99 last week to $129.99 on Tuesday and today it was back to 169.99.
The Logitech keyboard I got isn't mechanical, but it and the mouse have better rgb lighting.
That's all I really want, good red lights to match my pc.

I just have a K120 Logitech keyboard after @Mike Fara recommended it. It's just a simple keyboard but that's all i wanted.

Picture 48.jpg
Yeah, I just really wanted the lighting. Now I won't need my room light on at night constantly.
It's weird one is coming Tuesday and the other is coming on Wednesday.
Hey kemical: The keyboard & mouse both use the Logitech Gaming Software for all settings, lighting, etc.
Can I uninstall the SetPoint software my current Logitech Keyboard & Mouse is using. when I switch to the new keyboard & mouse ?
Here's what Sebastian's new buddy Bo looks like.

Last edited:
Can I uninstall the SetPoint software my current Logitech Keyboard & Mouse is using. when I switch to the new keyboard & mouse ?
Sure. In fact I'm pretty sure both k'board and mouse will run fine without it.

I just downloaded some videos from YouTube on the Logitech Gaming Software, as it's the only download for the mouse & keyboard I ordered. Apparently it does everything. It installs the drivers, checks for firmware updates, controls profiles, game setting (for mouse & keyboard) and the lighting of both.
Looks like the SetPoint can go. I won't need it.
That's one thing I like with Logitech. I just install the software once. With the G.Skill keyboard & mouse, the software had to be installed for each device separately.
Curious if I get a newer Logitech webcam down the road, if the Gaming Software will work with it, too ?

Bo & Sebastian both love laying on my bed. I have to figure out what I'm getting them for Christmas.

if I get a newer Logitech webcam down the road, if the Gaming Software will work with it, too ?
I don't see why not but perhaps if you check Logitechs site for known issues then you may find out for sure.

Bo & Sebastian both love laying on my bed. I have to figure out what I'm getting them for Christmas.
Another bed?

The trick is I have to be in the room and a 2nd bed won't fit.
I'm going to try and get both of them a big padded mat that they can lay on. That and 2 stockings full of rawhide.
Sebastian eats toys, if I give him any, so that's out.
I gave him a Frisbee for his birthday. I threw it to him and he started chewing it. Only things he chews are toy's or stuffed animals you give him. Everything else, he leaves alone.

I jumped the gun and cheated a little bit. I installed the Logitech Gaming Software already and uninstalled the Logitech SetPoint Software.

Once you install the Logitech Gaming Software, you get access to download it's user manual. It only covers keyboards, mice and headsets, so I assume it won't work with their newer webcams.

Speaking of Logitech software i'm using the M500 corded mouse - previous versions of this mouse had issues with lazer tracking which were fixed with later revisions. This thing is as good as my previous Death Adder and that's saying something. Logitech software is nice too you can easily configure-reconfigure button assignments for whatever you wish.

I'm sure I'll have to get used to everything in the software for both.
I really only need to change the lighting color, though.
I'm not really interested in any of the hotkeys for either, as I won't be using either for games.
Once I have the lights set to red on both, I'll be happy.

Boy did FedEx f**ck up big time.
My mouse was scheduled to arrive today and my keyboard tomorrow.
They sent my mouse from Orlando, Florida to Tampa, Florida's FedEx location.
They sent my keyboard from Orlando, Florida to Cocoa, Florida and it's on the truck to arrive at my house today.
Why the heck did they send my mouse to Tampa 100 miles southwest of me instead of Coca, Florida _ 2 towns away from me and closer to Orlando than Tampa is?
Especially when my mouse was scheduled by them to arrive today and the keyboard to arrive tomorrow .
Yet, apparently I'll have the keyboard today a day early and the mouse tomorrow, a day late.
Gee, I wonder what drug's the FedEx employee that loaded my mouse on the wrong truck is doing?

Back