Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I may luck out and just make the Steam Winter Sale for getting Doom.
The sale runs until January 2nd.
I get my money at 1:00 A.M. on the 3rd, but I'm on the east coast and just may make the sale by 1 1/2-2 hour's before it ends.
That's if Steam's time is Pacific Coast time.
Hopefully it is.
It's only $19.99 on the sale, otherwise it's $59.99.
If I make the sale, I can swing getting the Crew's Calling All Units dlc.

O.K., thanks.
I've already been told by pcgamer.com to avoid buying the season pass and any of it's dlc, as it's all only for online play.
I'd like to see Crytek copy it and bring back the original Crysis with updated graphic's, etc.

**SOLVED** I can't remember if I ever marked this solved or not.
Anyway, in about 25 hours I'll be playing Doom & Batman The Telltale Series. Hopefully I just catch the Steam Winter Sale before it end's.

I would've missed the Steam Winter Sale prices on Doom & Batman the Telltale Series as I get my Social Security at the exact time the Steam Winter Sale ends.
I just tried purchasing both knowing my card would be denied.
I now have until January 5th to get both at the Winter Sale price for each.
At 1:00 A.M. tomorrow I'll be getting both. I can't wait to try Doom out. I already finished episode 1 of Batman the Telltale Series.
I have 2 Steam emails guaranteeing the sale price on both games.

I'll probably try it both ways. On my pc it will score a little bit lower than any of the published benchmarks I've seen as the majority have been 1920x1080. My monitors ulltrawide, so it's 2560x1080.
The only other ones are 1140 settings, so I can't go by them at all.
Mine also has a weird overclock in [lace. Video Settings: 1450 and Ram Speed: 8600 with custom fan curve and mV +60.
I think my custom fan curve is 40 degrees 60%, 70 or 80 degrees 80% and 100 degrees+ 100%.
It's something like that.

Have Fraps installed now, so if the game doesn't have a benchmark, I can still get a idea of how I score in it.
I just haven't bothered setting it to run all the time, as I don't game all that often.
Doom will be more to let my brother play when he comes over.

Old pc can go up for sale on Craigslist sometime next week after it's new dvd-rw drive arrives. I may put the new one in this pc. It's the same exact one I have in this pc.
I also ordered a new Cooler Master red led fan for the front of this pc, as the Bitfenix's bracket broke when I was modding it. The super glue didn't hold it, so it rattles occasionally.
The Cooler Master has the same mounting holes layout as the stock NZXT case fans do, so it should be a piec of cake putting in.
OOh, I almost forgot, I need to get my addon fan kit for the EKWB EK-XLC Predator 240 I'm ordering next month.

I don't think my old pc will be going up for sale this coming week.
I was riding my back to Walmart Tuesday to get my socoal security money and a dog chased me and knocked me off the bike. The end result was a dislocated and complex fracture on my left ankle. Had one emergebcy operation on it Tuesday night to put a halo of pins on the outside. Had a second operation yesterday to remove them and put numerous pins inside my ankle.
Don't think I'll be lifting any weight anytime soon, as I can only get around with a wheelchair.. Have a ton of at home physical therapy beginning next week.
To top it all off, now my pharmacy doesn't accept medicare, so I couldn't get any of the medication prescribed to me.
Sebastian is real glad I'm home. He tackled my brother getting to me.

I love this I'm back in my can't sleep mode. Have none of the med's I was supposed to take for my ankle. My brother dropped my aspirin I got to keep my blood from getting too thick that the surgeon told me to use. The Tylenol 500mg. pills I have aren't working and I have to urinate pretty much hourly or sooner.
Hopefully I'm awake for my 9:00 A,M.& 10:30 A.M. at-home physical therapy appointment's.

I don't think my old pc will be going up for sale this coming week.
I was riding my back to Walmart Tuesday to get my socoal security money and a dog chased me and knocked me off the bike. The end result was a dislocated and complex fracture on my left ankle. Had one emergebcy operation on it Tuesday night to put a halo of pins on the outside. Had a second operation yesterday to remove them and put numerous pins inside my ankle.
Don't think I'll be lifting any weight anytime soon, as I can only get around with a wheelchair.. Have a ton of at home physical therapy beginning next week.
To top it all off, now my pharmacy doesn't accept medicare, so I couldn't get any of the medication prescribed to me.
Sebastian is real glad I'm home. He tackled my brother getting to me.
Ouch!! Sounds really painful Keith and i hope it heals soon.

I had 2 @home physical therapy appointments this morning. The first was to remove the Friday surgey bandages, clean it and re-wrap it. First time I saw how many places my ankle came out. I saw three. The 2nd one was funner. Therapist was nice looking and shes setup my wheelchaire properly for me. The one I was given at the hospital was new (still in plastic Wrap condition), but it was loose everywhere.
For me only being 5"9", I have legs that are 31". The chairs leg position was setup long enough for my legs.
It's all setup good now and she's trying to get me a walker, too.
Without a walker, my left leg or right leg is gonna give out eventually, as I have to grap onto wall trim and the the sink to get to the toilet.
From what both therapists said, I'll have the white non-gauze wrap and splint for probably atleast 6 weeks. It will probably be 8 weeks before I can walk on my own or ride my bike again.
Funny thing is I was on my friends 26" mountain bike when it happened.
I had to order a tube for mine early that morning, as most store's don't stock 27.5" mountain tubes.
Everything probably would've been worse, if I were on my bike
The lady that was laughing, as her dog came after me has a surprise coming.
Definitely contacting my 911 buddies this week and finding a good attorney to give the info., too,
Then by the time that's all done, I'll be able to walk Sebastian and let him have a snack.
She hit my 3-strike limit on Tuesday morning.
Strike 1: Didn't call or attempt to stop her unleashed dog.
Stike 2: Laughing about it, prior to dialing 911.
Strike 3: Hiding my friend's bike from him until Friday. I gave her my and his address and she only live's 7 houses past me and 8 past him.
Anyway my 200mm. red led Cooler Master fan arrived Friday.
My bike tube got hear yesterday. My friend next is putting it on my bike later today for me.
My dvd-rw, is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
If I can get somebody to move my old pc, monitor, keyboard and mouse tomorrow, It will be done and go on Craigslist tomoorow night or Tuesday morning.
P.S. The ankle must've been my medical curve-ball for the year.
The ankle hospital stay definitely had it's own curve-balls, too. At least on the hospital and nursing front.
Didn't call my own doctor's.
Didn't give me my G.E.R.D. medication or blood-pressure medicine for my kidney disease.
Never called my endocrinologist (Diabetes) or Nephrologist (Kidney disease.

New dvd-rw in old pc. Tomorrow I just need to get the pc's power cable out of it's case box. Everything else is already setup. I just need to plug it in, turn it on, update the uefi and refresh Windows.
2 photos below of my left leg/ankle. Best I could get by myself under the circumstances.
Picture 54.jpg
Picture 55.jpg

Back
Top Bottom