Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Bad news at orthopedic surgeons today. All but one screw came out of my bone. Tuesday I get to rehave all my screws done and redeal with all this stuff for 2+ more months.
I'm literally back to day one now, except I already have the wheelchair, walker and boot.

One silver lining and a huge brick thrown in the afternoon.
Now, I'm back to one legged hopping. I can't have any weight on my left leg at all.
Real surprised I have to wait until Tuesday for it to be fixed again.
The x-ray technician told me I had a serious amount of metal in my ankle, foot and calf.
The screws coming out could explain why my toes, foot, ankle, calf, knee and lower thigh are still a little swollen.
That will probably be even more swollen from Tuesday on.

Hopefully, I suffered my 2 yearly curveballs in the first 2 months of the year, so I won't have any more until 2018.

I just thought about something. Down the road when it gets time to drain & refill the EK-XLC Predator 240, thanks to being a type 1 diabetic, refilling it will be a piece of cake. I'll just use one of my insulin pumps syringes to refill it, no funnels will be needed.
Good thinking Keith, hope it works out.. :)

Well, the way I see it, it can't get any worse. The only exception would be if the screws come out a second time. If that happened everything would change.
From everything I've ever heard, you can't have the same surgery a third time, as there's nowhere left to stitch up due to scar tissue.
If it were to happen again, I'd have to tell them to just take my ankle & foot off.
That one I'd worry about later if needed, but I know myself and I'd adapt to it.
I actually bit my tongue today, because I came close to telling them to just do that.
As last month, that's kind of what I was expecting to hear.
I'm just glad, I don't let medical stuff bother me. I just roll with the punches.
They didn't say either way, but I'm assuming I'll be in the hospital from Tuesday until Friday or Saturday. Tomorrow, I just need to call my endocrinologist, so he knows what's going on and knows I'll more than likely be in the hospital, so he can manage my diabetes, while I'm in there, unlike last month, when they never notified him.

Last edited:
Did 2 stupid things Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
Friday: I forgot I put my cellphone in a side pocket on my shorts. I did laundry and it got washed.
Won't have a replacement for at least a week.
I didn't have any rice to stick it in.
It works, but the sound is gone.
That's not as bad as the Saturday morning mistake could've been.
I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. I forgot to grab my walker and just walked to the bathroom.
I realized what I did when I was in the bathroom.
Now, I'm gonna make sure the walker is touching my bed right in my way, so I don't do that again.
I don't want the last screw detaching from the bones, so I have to be admitted in the hospital before Tuesday.

Probably won't be able to lift my pc until summer get's here.I'm still getting the parts I can out of the way, though. I'll just have to wait to put them in.
I'll probably just reverse the order of the 2 ssd's and get the sata one first, but not hook up it's sata or power cable.
That, I'll do when I upgrade & put in the m.2 ssd.
Then just do one clean install of Windows.

Tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 12:30 P.M., so my surgery is either at 2:30 P.M. or 3:00 P.M.
I'm not stopping eating or drinking until 5:30 A.M.
I'm not doing the stopping either at midnight, as that's kind of dumb to me and I don't get sick off of any anesthesia, so I'm having some real food & coffee before 5:30 A.M.
I'm planning on staying up until I go there.
I'll just get a little bit of sleep tomorrow during and after the surgery.

Well, my surgery is all done. I did myself a favor and I'm home now. They tried repeating my lousy treating in the hospital, as like they did in January. I decided I wasn't going through that again.
They still didn't contact any of my other doctors.
Therefore it was best to come home and treat all my medical conditions.

My Ryzen 1700, gigabyte mobo and ram are on the way. Also have a Samsung 960 evo 250gb on the way.

I may do Ryzen down the road, but it won't be until fall/winter 2018 at the earliest. If I do it will probably be a Asus Crosshair VI Hero and a Ryzen R5 1600X.
That should be good enough for me all the way around..
The mobo & cpu are both around the same price as what I have now.
If I do that it's still questionable on whether my current G Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 ram will work with it.
It's still too early to go by the information out their now. It's all new and the various bugs haven't been worked out yet.
As for the Vega gpu's, I won't need one, as mine is perfect for my monitor. It's only 1080P and I only got it in May, so I'll have it a few years.
4K monitors are still too high priced for me anyway.

There's a bunch up in the air. First major one is if EKWB will have a AM4 mobo adaptor for it. Sure they will as the EK-XLC Predator series is basically just a pre-assembled kit with everything being able to be replaced down the road, unlike true aio water coolers, which aren't.
I can add a video card loop to mine down the rroad, change the hoses, fittings and refill it/drain it as needed.
I could even get led lights for it if I wanted. I don't need to though, as my case has a built in rgb led strip at the top where the cooler is going already.
I may get some magnetic rgb or red led strips for inside the whole case.
That's towards the end of the list, though.
The 2 bigger ssd's and my 3+ games are first, now.
I'm still going with the 2 Samsung 850 EVO's as between Magicians Rapid Mode and Ausus's RAM Cache they'll be fast enough. A little bit cheaper, too.

By the time I have the 2 Samsung's and the Intel 530 Series ssd out off my pc, the only bottleneck will be my WD Black HDD.
I may be able to take my i5 6600k from it's 4.5GHz. overclock up to 4.6GHz. with the new cooler.

My Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 subscription ends in 29 days. I think I'm gonna repeat what I did last year and let it lapse for a few days, uninstall it and use Windows Defender.
Then within a week Bitdefender will send me a email for a lower price. Then, I'll renew it and reinstall it.

Apparently my surgeon is streamrolling me this time. Apparently this time I have 3 plates with screws on the right side. This time I have the stitches that desolve and I go back next week for the x-rays and a follow up.
The first time around the x-ray'd were done 6 weeks after the surgery.
Maybe, I'll be able to use it starting next Thursday after the x-rays.
That's probably wishful thinking, though.

Back