Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

The weird part is Saturday, Sunday & Monday last week was sunny. We didn't have any rain until Tuesday afternoon.

I don't know about the neighbor's nerves, but I don't let it bother mine.
I dealt with death at a yong age. I was 11 when my father died and 12 when I got diabetes. Both of those hardened my nerves.
I had to go from acting like my 11 year old age to 18.I basically took over my dad's problem solver instincts.
Out of my sibling's, I'm the one that is most like he was.

As far as the power issue. It's happened at least 3 or 4 times.
My motherboard has built in surge suppression and everything is plugged into a surge suppressor. After I get my new video card, I have to get a new U.P.S.

I just officially got word from Western Digital's support that their version of Acronis doesn't do incremental backups.
Glad I uninstalled it and went back to what I know works.

Roughly 2 more weeks before I get my PowerColor Red Devil RX 480. I'll be ordering it November 3. I should have it the following Monday or Tuesday.
I already have my old pc sold in December.
In December I'll be getting a new RGB keyboard & mouse for this pc. My new eyeglass purchase will happen in December, too. Thanks to the old pc sale.
One of my roommates is buying the old pc & old monitor.
January & February is looking like I'll be getting the EK XLC Predator 240 and the 2 additional fan kit for push/pull with it.
Then after that I want to get the Witcher 3 GOTY and Battlefield 1.
I think I get a discount card for Battlefield 1 with the video card. Problem is the version I want is $129.99, but it includes all the dlc.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I got Windows 10's Windows 7 Backup setup to where it finally works properly to backup my documents, downloads, music, pictures, saved games & videos.
I uninstalled Macrium Reflect & EaseUS ToDoBackup free, as I have Windows 7 Backup working properly now.
I should be renewing my Carbonite backup in December or January, so Windows Backup is good enough for my needs.

**Note for everyone** I think the new Nvidia drivers they released for Battlefield 1 yesterday are bad. My pc was fine before them. Now since I installed them various app's are crashing. Mail crashes within 2 seconds if you click on anything. Photos crashes after a few minutes. I'm sure there's more, but I haven't tried everything.
I also noticed something weird with 375.57. The driver never turned off sli during it's clean install, like all past Nvidia drivers have done. I had to turn it off manually and then re-enable it.

**Note for everyone** I think the new Nvidia drivers they released for Battlefield 1 yesterday are bad. My pc was fine before them. Now since I installed them various app's are crashing. Mail crashes within 2 seconds if you click on anything. Photos crashes after a few minutes. I'm sure there's more, but I haven't tried everything.
I also noticed something weird with 375.57. The driver never turned off sli during it's clean install, like all past Nvidia drivers have done. I had to turn it off manually and then re-enable it.
Did you use the DDU to remove your original driver first?

I installed the same driver and it's been fine although I've not benched it yet.

Give it another go but use the DDU, I swear by it.. :)
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.2.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

kemical: No, I just let the custom install uninstall the previous driver.
As far as the video card, it depends on the price and availability on the 3rd.
As far as that article, it must be old. TimeSpy hasn't been in beta for a few month's.
In DX 12 the AMD cards beat Nvidia. In DX 11 Nvidia wins.
I've watched enough videos on that.

@brkkab can you give a post with the current system specs thus far please? I'm curious as to what you have. I'm considering building my own system, dumping my BestBuy frankenbuild, lol.

LoboVerde: My current pc specs are in my profile. Just click on my user name in the thread here.

Only other part I have that their isn't a category for is a multi-format memory card reader & and a NZXT Phantom 820 matte black case. Case has Bitfenix Spectre Pro red led fans. 2 200mm. and 4 140mm. Using cases red led lighting, too.

Back