Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Screenshot_20171213-022549.jpg

Make's me want a smartphone again.
I still haven't tried any of the in-game stuff in it, yet.
That will probably take awhile.
Yesterday, it seemed was updates galore, besides the Patch Tuesday one's.
Then the new Adrenalin drivers, then re-calibrating my monitor and then the free game from GOG popped up.
Now, it's gonna be off to the hospital's lab for my blood work and to turn in my 24-hour urine test for my kidney checkup next week.
Then it's back home long enough to let Sebastian out and then grocery shopping.

The performance monitoring is nice, savable profiles for wattman is useful. Freesync + enhanced sync works well as does chill. Hope the tests all go well for you Keith.

I guess, I'll give it a whirl over the weekend.
Tomorrow I get to do everything I meant to do today.
Never made my lab or other trips today and kind of dozed off all day.
Oh well, I'm caught up on sleep, now, so I'm ready to get everything done tomorrow.

Apparently the new driver's are bug fixes according to PC Gamer. AMD releases a bug-stomping Adrenalin driver update | PC Gamer
Anyway, I downloaded them yesterday, but didn't get around to installing them until today.
3D Mark scores with 17.12.2 driver;
Time Spy - 4611
Fire Strike Extreme - 6418
Fire Strike - 12393
All are slight improvements from 17.12.1 drivers
Time Spy -4546
Fire Strike Extreme - 6409
Fire Strike - 12362

Last edited:
nmsuk:
I've got the following overclock setup.
GPU Clock - 1430
Memory Clock - 2150
mVolts +60
Custom fan curve- 40% @60 degrees, 80% @70 degrees and 100% @80 degrees

I was wondering about the clocks because I always post my stock results with no overclocking. So all mine at core@1338 and mem@2000

3D Mark with stock factory overclock results.
Time Spy - 4356
Fire Strike Extreme - 6053
Fire Strike - 11723

It's looking like February now for the Logitech G920.
Prices have gone up on it, probably due to 4 new car games since October and all of them now having wheel support.
Need For Speed Payback supports wheels now since a update earlier this month.
Guaranteed support for Logitech G29 & G920.
Logitech G920 price as of now $312.** Amazon, $326.*8 Newegg w/VR headset & direct from Logitech $399.99.

I added games to my list.
I got Crysis Warhead & Crysis Wars from GOG, so now I have all the Crysis games.
I also got a Newegg gift card for myself towards my Logitech G920 racing wheel next month.

I "upgraded" to build 16299 yesterday... thinking of rolling it back but I do like the new 3d tool

I don't see any new driver, have they taken it down?

nmsuk: No, it's still there and it's still the wrong one.
It's for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, which has wi-fi and newer hardware.
I have the Maximus VIII Hero and EZ Flash in my UEFI say's that file is not a valid bios every time I try to install it.
Asus's Support finally got back to me and they're still trying to give me the one for the Maximus VIII Hero Alpha.
I've now tried 3 different downloads of that wrong UEFI they posted.
GLAD I ORDER MY RACING WHEEL ON FEBRUARY 2ND.
APRIL I'LL START ON GETTING MY AM4 MOBO AND RYZEN CPU.
I'm ditching Asus and going with Gigabyte or MSI this time around.

I just heard back from Asus Support. As I tried everything yet again and it still won't install the new UEFI on my pc, they say it's now gonna take 24-72 hour's ro here back from them, as they have to give the details to their supervisor/s.

Back