Windows 7 Need Itunes + Windows 7 Help/Feedback

J

jczelust

I got a new Windows 7 computer which is running 64 version. I am a big music fan and I have a huge library so I have the Ipod 160GB and thusly use Itunes 9.0.2.25 64 Bit Version. I had a Windows Vista 32 Bit dinosaur before which lagged a lot but Itunes was snappy. When I did my first sync on the Vista machine from an external hard drive it took about 10 hours to sync 130GBs. It was understandable.

When I got the new computer I did a restore on my Ipod. Itunes was relatively quick after I turned off gapless playback which was taking forever. I got all my music in the right place, no problem. But as I speak, when it comes to syncing I am on my 27th hour and I have 56GB yet to go. I am using the same Ipod (restored) and the same external hard drive. 48 hours to sync the Ipod? Not fathomable (to me).

What is the deal? It is killing me that this is taking so long. What have I done wrong? Is there a fix? Is there a setting I need to adjust? Is anyone else having this problem?

The only thing else I can see on my computer that lags is winrar (extractor). Again, in Vista 32 Bit it was great...but it lags a slight bit. That's it....

Can you help?

Back