Windows 7 Network connection properties crashes explorer

Xaerran

Folks,

Been poking around for a few days now and haven't found a solution. I am trying to get into my network properties for an adapter so I can share the Internet connection on that adapter... but when I right click on the Network and select properties it starts about 25+ wermgr.exe tasks and then explorer crashes, I should note it does open the Network conenction manager, but it locksup as it opens. I believe this is due to the VM Workstation install I have, so I may uninstall that and report back, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Thanks!

*edit VMware Workstation has been uninstalled but it did not resolve the problem.

Also, if this should be in the support forum and not the newtworking forum, please just move and let me know so I can be sure not to do it again. Thanks!!!!

-Xae

Last edited:
hi there, similiar problem here, i change my router password and when i go to internet conections, select the wireless network, go to the propertys to update my new password the explorer crashes!

so i have to disable the network password to have internet access... :(

Hello,

Have you installed any updates for Microsoft office?

I would also recommend a complete virus scan

i think windows update intalled some office updates yes!
no virus, runned antivirus last night...

I've heard Microsoft updates to Office can cause problems.

What version of Office are you using?

well i dont have problems with my office, i have problems with internet wireless properties in windows 7, the explorer crushes and i cant change my internet network password because of that!

so i will need some help in these subject not guesses, but thanks anyway [[[]]]

Thalien,,

I'm saying Office Updates may have caused the problems with your wireless connection.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and modem number of your PC, if applicable
4 .Download (System Info) 2009.5.12
5 .Download http://majorgeeks.com/SIV_System_Information_Viewer_d4779.html]System Information Viewer) 3.36[/URL]
6 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Especially the exact make and model of the wireless adapter.

ok i think its done, anymore aditional info about the system just replay here...

btw the office is the XP

Last edited:
ok problem solved :), i had a hand of a friend and my brother :D luckly they come to my cofe where i have the router and the pc!

the thing is that windows 7 dont update the profile when we change anything, then in the properties the system crashes, so what we have done was the deletion of the wireless network i had, and create a new one. :p now when i want to change the password i need to go to the network managerand delete the old profile, when i connect for the 1st time, it will ask me for the password and voila connect and its done!

its not the right think to do, but until MS solves the problem, i will need to do that every time i change the password or somethin in the preferences in the connection.

i hope this helps someone else with the same problem and hope MS fix this bug... (it should be notice and fixed in windows 7 beta versions, dont know why no one see this bug before)

thanks reghakr for your time

Great news,

And a I'm glad you posted back with the method that worked.:)

I'll be keeping that one.

no problem, i came here searching for help, so i am glad to contribute with some to, thats why i install the RC version :D

Similar issue

Evening everyone.

I'm having a similar issue going on, except it's not exactly about trying to change my connection's password. The thing is, when i go to Network and Sharing Centre -> Manage Wireless Networks and try to edit the properties of my network, windows explorer pure and simply crashes. As soon as I right-click on my network and pick "Properties", bang, it crashes. I tried deleting my network and add it manually afterwards, but to no avail. I also tried doing it in Safe Mode: again, to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Back