Windows 7 No Audio input device is installed...:( (with images )

Laptop=Toshiba Satellite
Windows 7
current sound drivers overview: image
Capture.html.JPG
Capture.JPG
nk,n.JPG
nm.JPG

ive tried uninstalling the drivers...previously conexant than NVIDIA but no luck.
Microsoft Fix it results:attached
The audio jus suddenly disappears.....no solution seems to work.Some1 pls help...!!
The speakers n headphone both show "ready" state but No audio....really frustrating.

i know its kinda messy,im really short of time ...:/

Last edited:
Uninstall those drivers (right-click) and restart your PC. If drivers did not install automatically after restart, download and install manually.

Look on the bottom of the laptop.....you should see the make/model and serial number.

I see nothin written there....even if it was ever,its kinda rubbed,u know faded.....
laptops n year old...if its that impo,i might look through old files..
no other way of findin out?

Not sure if Toshiba has this but Dell site will look at the PC and tell you what model. Goto toshiba site and see if they have this option.

Check to the lower right hand side of your keyboard. Some Toshiba's show the model number there. Don't know if they all do.

Or download a speccy portable so we can at least see your motherboard and sound card specs.

This is from my Win 8.1 tablet as a sample:

Screenshot (40).png

Last edited:
If you're running out of places to look for details regarding make and model you might try looking under the battery. In some cases you might find a sticker inside the battery compartment with that information. Don't know if Toshiba does that or not.

Back