Windows 7 Not Connected - No connections available

Cwatt6661

I have searched a lot of threads about this but most i find have just installed windows 7 or upgraded. I just logged on my computer today and get this where my network connections are suppose to be. I was able to connect yesterday and all the other computers are connected or able to connect in my house so im guessing its a problem with mine. Any help would be great... rather frustrating issue.

I've tried restarting the router, my computer and going to to previous update in the device manager.

Craig

Hi

Have you tried clicking on the Trouble Shoot Problems option when you right click on the network icon on your task bar?

If that doesn't help, open the network sharing center from the same drop down and then select "Change Adapter Setting".

When you get to that screen, select your network connection and hit the disable this device along the top of the screen.

Once it has done that click on Enable this device and see if your connection comes back.

Check you computer and see if you have Bonjour Services installed.
It's installed by some Adobe software, Apple Itunes a few other programs.

If you do find it installed, uninstall it.
You won't notice any difference every thing else will still work.

See if this fixes your problem.
This was a problem with Windows 7 for a long time and I'm not sure if it has every been fixed or not.

Mike

Thanks for replying Mike,

I disabled and enabled again and the same problem is there. It says: Local Area Connection
Network cable unplugged
Realtek (code)

I don't seem to have the Bonjour Services installed so thats not it.
Running a trouble shoot just asks me to plug in an ethernet cable which i would (though shouldn't have to) but im a floor away from the router.

Craig

Hi

I'm afraid that exhausts my experience with this.
That always worked for me.

You could look through this stuff from Microsoft and see if it helps.

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Microsoft Windows 7 Answers Forum!

To troubleshoot your issue you may try the below methods one by one.

Method 1: Update the network driver.

Steps to update network driver:

1. Click on start button.
2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
3. Select the network card device and right click on it
4. Now select properties.
5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Update Driver button.
6. After the installing the updates restart the computer.

For more information visit: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Method 2: Try resetting the TCP/IP stack.

To reset the TCP/IP stack go to this article and either click on "Fix it for me" or follow the instructions to fix it yourself: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) .

If still the same problem persists then try the next method.

Method 3: Here you need to troubleshoot using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7 and check for the issue to do that follow the below provided link.

Using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7

Hope this helped
Thanks and Regards:
Suresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.

Ps. I realize that these links don't do you a lot of good if you can't connect to the internet but maybe you can print them out from another computer.

Go into the router and enable the ssid broadcast (tempoarily) and then see if you have a connection available. If so, when you connect, make sure you seelct the option to connect automatically.

Back