Windows 7 ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes!

Andrewisawesome

I haven't installed any new software to my knowledge on my inspiron 15r, but it seems that out of nowhere it keeps on bluescreening due to ntoskrnl.exe.Can someone please tell me what the issue is?
Thanks in advance!
View attachment Minidump.zip
Also, my laptop did NOT come with an OS disk and it was stupid of me not to make one so please dont tell me to do anything that involves a recovery/OS disk

Last edited:
Yes it is possible(that's how I managed to upload the mini dump files) but I have no idea what to do in safe mode? And I can log on normally but I receive the BSOD within five minutes, probably due to the delayed startup of ntoskrnl after logging in.

If you havent disabled it windows makes a restore point every time you install software or get windows updates.
Maybe you are lucky ;)

ntoskrnl.exe problems can be practically anything. You also have problems with at least disk.sys = cd and / or DVD driver(s). Totally, it can go to problems all over the computer.

You could test it by unplugging your disk driver - drivers quite often run into trouble.

And, if you have warranty left, you can always take it to the seller.

So I disable the drivers for the CD/DVD drive? Also, I'm pretty sure that I still have a warranty as I just got the laptop as a present last summer

About the OS disk: Dell has a restoration partition that should be activated by pressing F8 at Power On. It may not be the easiest thing to start, so if you run into Windows, restart and try again. Press F8 repeatedly, and you should come to various options.

But since you obviously have warranty left, I would recommend service. They know what they do, eh?

You can disable the drive from Windows, although it would be better to physically unplug = take out the wiring. But I think, the two previous options are better.

I tried to disable the drivers, no luck, I've already tried the f8 thing and it only had options to restore to a previous safe point, which I've already done. But I'm not sure I wanna tell my parents because the whole reason they bought me this laptop was because my old one couldn't even start, and I didn't want to fix it. I'm just worried that they won't understand and just say that it is something that I did, just like last time. So getting dell to service it is last on my list. I've also tried the memory test from the f8 screen and it turned up negative-no problems.

I tried to disable the drivers, no luck, I've already tried the f8 thing and it only had options to restore to a previous safe point, which I've already done. But I'm not sure I wanna tell my parents because the whole reason they bought me this laptop was because my old one couldn't even start, and I didn't want to fix it. I'm just worried that they won't understand and just say that it is something that I did, just like last time. So getting dell to service it is last on my list. I've also tried the memory test from the f8 screen and it turned up negative-no problems.

Try running a chkdsk /r on the hard drive.
To do so, go to the Start menu in the search type cmd and press enter.
Then type in the command chkdsk /r

There's quite a lot of information regarding your dump files, many referring to Internet / Network problems. It could be "as easy as" a virus infection or other malware. Have you cruised on risky waters? Have you done a thorough virus scan? Also, you could do a Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download check.

And, if you have a warranty, why not use it? Not taking a standpoint in the parental problem, but do they really have to know? --- Gosh, I feel pretty crooked here...

I have the full version of Norton 360 so I don't see how I would have a virus that would affect my computer that much.. I have been downloading a lot so that option can't be ruled out. Unfortunately, I just did a dell data safe restore, and now I can't log in. If it is a virus and i pretty much just did a factory wipe, would the virus still be there? If you would be able to help me, I'll post a link to the other thread that I started concerning my new problem. Thanks!

Back