Windows 7 Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT driver update problem

Hi reghakr,

"Is this the screen shot you get when clicking the Windows Explorer link."

The screen is always like on that screen shot, not only when I'm clicking the Windows Explorer link. I thought that something went bad in my sistem, so i've tried everything, including re-installing system but still there's this problem. This is fresh copy of Win7 evaluation copy build 7100. Any more ideas:confused:

No, it bring you to to root of the C: drive, not the Libraries

You can also add Computer to the desktop, right-click and choose Open.

No, it bring you to to root of the C: drive, not the Libraries

You can also add Computer to the desktop, right-click and choose Open.

I think You didn't understand me. This window doesn't matter right now. If I open for example Windows Media Player, I still get those green(yellow)boxes on my monitor. Problem is picture on my monitor, not Windows Explorer, My Computer icons and other windows... Did I make it clear?

Odd, sine you install multiple drivers, however did you uninstall the driver through Device Manager before each attempt at installing the new drivers?

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose a device
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
Download PC WIZARD 2008
Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

You motherboard and an model would be a great help.:)

Odd, sine you install multiple drivers, however did you uninstall the driver through Device Manager before each attempt at installing the new drivers?

Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

You motherboard and an model would be a great help.:)

Yes, i made uninstall driver trough Device Manager and then tried to install it again, a new fresh drivers:)

I've just updated my User Control Panel, so now I hope that my specs have enough information for You. Once again, thank You for trying to help me, really appreciate that.

Yes, I've tried also with drivers from the CD and still nothing...
Mine is with 512MB of memory, but that doesn't matter right now, coz i tried five different driver packs including that one with WHQL certificate and still the same problem. I'm becoming annoyed with this problem, don't know what I can do anymore...

The dual-DVI is for a monitor with a DVI connection, much better than the standard monitor cable

Dual DVI card have two connects on the PCI card.

Download SIW (System Info) 2008.4.2.0

This free program gives more detailed information.

Now I'm really becoming a lil bit upset. Tried also that driver pack and still the same problem. Uninstalled drivers through safe mode, installing it again through safe mode and normal windowing, still the same crap of display... :frown:

I'm about out of suggestions.

Is this the official RC directly from MS?

Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

have you been able to get Windows Updates?

I'm about out of suggestions.

Is this the official RC directly from MS?

Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

have you been able to get Windows Updates?

Yes, official RC, 32-bit. Updates are working correctly. I've consulted with my teammates and we have got some final conclusion: hardware problem. I don't have any ideas when software stuffs are being mentioned. :frown: Thank You for helping me.
Best Regards
Endi

Endi,

Sorry I couldn't help answer your question satisfactorily

It's ok:) I had some suggestions to try with RivaTuner tools by lowering GPU and clock rate but still no changes. Also checked for cooler on my graphic card, working ok... I think it's hardware problem and I'll contact my vendor for it. Thank You for trying to help me :)

Bye

Had a similar problem with my ATI Radeon 3850HD G-Card. (BSOD). Also tried using Vista Drivers and updates for the card... But by Downloading and Installing the latest BIOS Drivers for my Mother Board solved my problem.
Give it a try!! :D

Back