Windows 10 Options to Uninstall unavailable from Start Menu

Moondoggy

Extraordinary Member
Apparently, I have yet another problem with Windows 10. I noticed today on my laptop that that when I right click on an application from the start menu there are options such as Pin to Start, Pin to Taskbar, Uninstall, Run as Administrator and Open File Location. However, when I right click on an application on my desktop PC, the only option I have available is Pin to Start. Has anyone seen this behavior and have fixed there PC so it shows the other options? If so, let me know how you fixed it.

Hi

For me it depends on the program or app.
Some give all the options, some part of the options, some only "Unpin From Start".

Cortana for example only gives me the "Unpin From Start" option while Windows Media Player shows all the options including uninstall.

Mike

The problem that I have is that when I right click on ANY application in Start/Apps the only option I have is "pin to start". For example on both my desktop PC and my laptop I have CCleaner. If I right click on CCleaner on my laptop it displays several options one of which is uninstall. On my desktop PC however, when I right click it simply says "Pin to start".

In addition to the above I've also noted that if I search for an application such as CMD,EXE and right click on application in the search results list it also only has the option to "Pin to Start" whereas my laptop lists and option to run as an administrator.

Note also that uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't change the context menu in Start/Apps as any newly installed program also only shows "pin to start".

Hi

I really don't have any idea what would cause that, but I couldn't figure out why my start menu didn't have a context menu through the last 3 test versions of W10 either.

I'm glad to say that since starting over with a new installation everything seems to be working.

Mike

This is a final update to this thread by me. I believe that my system has never been stable since I upgraded to Windows 10 and this problem and others keep cropping up. Bottom line is that I'm of the opinion that the best course of action to take, because of this instability, is to backup everything with Acronis True Image, nuke HD, Reinstall Windows 10 and redeploy all of my apps and my data.

Hi

Probably a good idea, I've had pretty much no issues since installing, without dragging my old problems along with me.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom