Windows 10 PC not playing no sound since new Nivida driver update

jakeb

well it seemed that the new nividia g force experience update has completely bodge my pc sound for that i dont know why, but as soon i started the installation of the new driver my pc has lost all sound and i have idea what to do to fix it,

many thanks to anyone that can resolve this matter,

windows 10 just so you all know

Last edited:
I would test all the typical items
  • Is the sound muted
  • If you have another device to test the speakers
  • Right click on the sound icon > play back devices. Make sure the correct device is selected
  • In Device Manager make sure drivers are installed and no issues are detected (red X or yellow !)

Additionally, if none of the above work for you, you can use System Restore to "rollback" your computer to a point in time before the new NVidia update stuck in a newer driver that caused your sound to stop functioning. If the problem still persists, you should consider backing up all your personal data (Library folders) to external media, and testing your hardware and then applying incrementally aggressive windows repairs tools up to and including complete windows reinstallation from factory Recovery Media. I created a troubleshooting guide to help you if you get to this point here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar.

Best of luck to you,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

well it seemed that the new nividia g force experience update has completely bodge my pc sound for that i dont know why, but as soon i started the installation of the new driver my pc has lost all sound and i have idea what to do to fix it,

many thanks to anyone that can resolve this matter,

windows 10 just so you all know
You could always try installing the gpu driver with a custom install and just select the actual driver and PHYSX. Once that's done, if there still isn't any sound, go into device manager, audio device and roll back driver.

okay so you guys just thinking a subtle system restore to an earlier date will solve this matter,? ive never done a driver roll back before, and is that specifically for the nividia one that caused this trouble?

upload_2016-10-7_10-51-11.png

this is what it is an no sound

Hi,
select the speakers arrowed and set as default. This should be the only set which should be default (unless your using something else in which case make that the default)
sound.JPG

Honestly I would locate the NVIDIA High Definition Audio in device manager and try rolling back just that driver first. (Example shows my AMD driver, but you get the drill..)
upload_2016-10-7_6-23-42.png

As Kemical pointed out be sure you're actually using the right sound device. The ones that come with your graphics drivers are most likely HDMI audio drivers, and if you are not using HDMI for audio you're not going to hear sound :D

Yup! That's what we're telling you. If you are not comfortable rolling back your audio or graphics drivers, and you've also never done a System Restore before, you should consider paying a Computer Pro in your locale to do it for you.:cash: If you bork your Windows, how do you expect to repair it? And the most important issue is, if you read my Troubleshooting Guide link, we strongly suggest that you FIRST BACKUP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA! THIS WOULD INCLUDE YOUR LIBRARY FOLDERS FOR DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS, MUSIC, VIDEOS, AND ANY SAVED E-MAILS OR ATTACHMENTS IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!!

No offense, but a lot of people here on so focused in on fixing their immediate problem, they don't take proper backup precautions, and they don't even respond to a direct question as to whether or not they have done this step.:headache: They are often embarrassed when we ask the question, or simply have never done a backup in their lives and don't know how to do it--and so are afraid to address the issue or even ask the simple question of needing help to do so! :rolleyes: If you don't have good backups to external media, playing around with driver settings, driver rollbacks, driver uninstallation/reinstallation, and performing System Restore on your computer all have the potential for disaster--think of it as a tightrope walker 100ft. up working without a net!:headache: Doing the repairs suggested without an external backup is like working on your computer without a net!:nerves:If you make 1 mistake, you could get killed or at the least permanently crippled. o_O 'nuff said! It's your computer. Just trying to let you know what you are in for if you aren't sure what you are doing.

BBJ

Hi

If none of this is working go to Device Manager, find your listed audio device, uninstall it, and reboot your computer.

This should force Windows to detect, find drivers, reinstall and configure your audio device.

I had a lot of problems with sound in Windows 10, this usually worked for me.

Mike

i have had this problem before. Anytime you get a new Nvidia drivers update, it will install all the drivers including nvidia hd audio drivers. Before installing the drivers, you need to go to custom and clear all the boxes and click on Graphics drivers. If you are into gaming then you need to click on PhysX software too

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Back