Windows 7 Problem reinstalling/repair windows 7 (PLEASE HELP FAST)

sristovski

hi everyone..

i had a problem during my repair/reinstalling windows 7.

The windows need's to be repaired, and i try that first and it had problem "The file or directory C:\Boot is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chdsk untility"

After that i try to reinstall but again the same problem. Expanding Windows wont start (0%) and its says the same "The file or directory C:\Boot is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chdsk untility"

Please give me some tips .. thanks..

It might help if you describe what the problem was and what procedures you are using to repair it. Are you booting to the Install DVD? If so, what are you selecting as an option.

If you are in the DVD, using the repair options to run a Startup Repair may help.

Have you done anything with your system that might have caused the problem on the hard drive? Could the hard drive be going out?

Sometimes you can get Windows running by restart-restart-restart-restart and so on for ~20 times. But it seems that you need a repair disc, like Saltgrass mentions = DVD repair options.

ok let me tell you..
First i try to turn on my PC but it wont start its says "Boot Manager" and down "Error found C:\Boot\BCD" something like that.. after that i got the windows 7 CD from my friend and i make to boot from CD after that when the CD load the windows files i click first repair because on the Boot Manager black screen its says you have to repair the windows in 3 steps(1. Instert Disk, 2. Choose language, 3. Select Repair) but nothing of that its says "The file or directory C:\Boot is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chdsk untility" after that i say nothing i have to reinstall it.. but again when it have to start to install win7.. on the second option EXPANDING WINDOWS wont start (0%) it says "The file or directory C:\Boot is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chdsk untility" and its no moving anymore and i must shut down the PC.... that's all.. i was thinking the Hard Drive is damaged and i have to buy new.. but the BIOS is reading the hard drive so i dont know maybe i have to check the disk for error (chdsk) but i dont know how to do that when the PC wont start.. i cant use the cmd prompt... give me some tips .... hope, u can understand..

I doesn't sound good for the Hard Drive, but if you want to clean it and try again, you can run Diskpart from the command prompt. Then try installing again. This will wipe everything off the drive.......!

When you boot to the Windows 7 DVD, on the first screen where you pick a language, use the Shift+F10 keys to open a command prompt.

Type the following commands with enter after each one. Make very sure which disk you want to clean from the list of drives.

Diskpart
list disk
select disk 0 <--
this assumes disk 0 is the one you want to wipe.
clean
exit
exit

Now, continue with the install. There should be no partitions on the drive so use the Disk Options to make some if you want.

If it still won't work, I know Western Digital and Seagate have diagnostic utilities for their drives. If you have one of those, you can download and burn a bootable version to check the drive.

Ok this solve the problem, on the second option Expanding Windows Files doesnt send any errors but, its stuck on 0%.

I would probably get a new hard drive and try again.

Sometimes these problems are kind of cracky, bound to start by progressive tries, but I would agree with Saltgrass: if you really want to get it running again, get a new drive. The common nature of it is: it either runs, or it doesn't. It's not like mechanical engines, it's more like once it done, it's done.

Back
Top Bottom