Windows 7 Resolution problem (windows 7) please help?

feeder1980

iv had no problems with my resolution set at 1920 x 1080 as it is the right size for my monitor. while playing a game,all of a sudden the resolution has seemed to go really small. i go on to screen resolution tab and it says my still on 1920 x 1080 (which was working before but not now). not sure whats the problem. i have updated windows updates and updated my driver (geforce gtx 560 ti). i have also scand for any viruses and also done a window restore. but none has helped. any help is appreciated
thanks

iv had no problems with my resolution set at 1920 x 1080 as it is the right size for my monitor. while playing a game,all of a sudden the resolution has seemed to go really small. i go on to screen resolution tab and it says my still on 1920 x 1080 (which was working before but not now). not sure whats the problem. i have updated windows updates and updated my driver (geforce gtx 560 ti). i have also scand for any viruses and also done a window restore. but none has helped. any help is appreciated
thanks

If this issue is already overtaken by events, the suggestions below may help someone else. If you solved your problem, please pass on what were the cause and solution.

Check the monitor, itself. There is typically an on-screen menu accessible from buttons or touch sensors on the screen bezel. Look for a "reset" to default settings. You could get what you described if the settings that match the image to the physical screen dimensions (vertical and horizontal size), got changed. If your monitor is an LED or LCD, you probably won't have these settings.

If it is not that, is everything displayed small or just the game (hardware/driver issue vs. software issue)?

Most high resolution monitors come with their own drivers on CD. Most people don't bother to install them because the monitor works with the native drivers. If that 's the case, try installing the monitor drivers. It's possible that Windows already had the manufacturer's drivers or downloaded them when the monitor was installed.

Get to the screen resolution window (right-click on a blank part of the desktop or Control Panel --> Appearance and Personalization --> Display --> Change Display Settings, then click on advanced settings --> Troubleshoot tab. May be a help.

If you have access to another monitor and another computer, try your monitor on another computer and another monitor on your computer. If your monitor has a small image on another computer, it could be a defective monitor. If another monitor has a small image on your computer, you could have a bad video card.

Try selecting a different (lower) resolution that is compatible with your monitor. Then switch back and see if the image is still small. This probably won't fix anything, but you'll see something change and may feel like you're making progress.

Back