Windows 7 Problems with windows on SSD drive

Frathir

Hey guys,
I have a problem with my SSD drive. The drive is on 60 gb, I only installed windows on it - but for some reason its now full. 32 kb left. Really, this is **** me off, as I have noticed that programs want to be on this C: drive, and just installs there. It's annoying, and besides, I can't touch anything because windows is set not to give ME, the owner of the computer, any rights! Its a desktop, its standing F next to me ITS MINE. Why wont windows let me do what I want with it? Why can't f it all up if I want to. Seriously, I have tried to uninstall IE, but can't. Why? Because windows have these settings, and there is no way anyone picks IE as their browser, so lets just force them on it. Anyway, sorry for whining like this, I wanted to ask if there is anyway, like any settings I can change? Anything I can do now, in the future, next time to prevent this, to fix this? I really want to be able to enjoy my computer.
It wasn't a cheap one, and I find it funny even after some of my older "homemade" programs can't launch on this pc. It really gets to me, why I should spend a big fortune on a pc, just so I can do less than the old one. IT IS not an update then, its just f ridiculous.
Sorry.

Thanks,

Sincerely,
~Frathir

You should generally install software to the op sys drive but make sure that all data is stored elsewhere. This will require etting options in things like your browser to define download locations and indicidual apps to define the default save locations. You should also examine the space allocated for system restore and consider adjusting that. Also look at the size and location of your pagefile - depending on the sort of apps you run and the size of your RAM you may find you don't need one at all - I have 4gb RAM and no pagefile. Also try running a cleanup using ccleaner to remove any junk.

You should generally install software to the op sys drive but make sure that all data is stored elsewhere. This will require etting options in things like your browser to define download locations and indicidual apps to define the default save locations. You should also examine the space allocated for system restore and consider adjusting that. Also look at the size and location of your pagefile - depending on the sort of apps you run and the size of your RAM you may find you don't need one at all - I have 4gb RAM and no pagefile. Also try running a cleanup using ccleaner to remove any junk.

Hi thanks for the quick reply.
I have tried to clean up with such thing as ccleaner :). But that pagefile thing, were/what is that? Would you mind telling me how to get rid of it, or move it. I have 8gb ram in my desktop :)...

Thanks,

Sincerely,
~Frathir

Control panel, system, advanced system settings, advanced tab, performance settings, advanced tab, virtual memory, change, select "no paging file". If you find your system complains about low memory you can go back and set a paging file on a non ssd drive.

Control panel, system, advanced system settings, advanced tab, performance settings, advanced tab, virtual memory, change, select "no paging file". If you find your system complains about low memory you can go back and set a paging file on a non ssd drive.

Awesome thanks! :D

Back