Windows 7 Question about icons.

andybbtt11

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to change program icons in win 7 (IE, Firefox, Adobe stuff, etc. . . ) So that when they are pinned to the task bar, I will see the custom icon instead of the default.

Is that possible?

Thank you.

In the photo, you can see my desktop. I want to make the icons in the taskbar all black.

No I don't think so. I didn't have any luck changing any of my icons. I even had some shortcuts in there and thought it would be possible to change the icon of a shortcut, but nothing stuck. I also tried to relaunch explorer, thinking that it might need to refresh or something -- nope still the same ole icons....

Its easy. Right click the icons you want to change in the start menu, drag them to the desktop and choose create shortcut here. Right click the offeneding icon and choose properties. There is a button change icon, click it. From here you can choose default Windows icons or direct it to where you have your custom icons. Finally, right click the shortcut and drag to taskbar and choose pin to taskbar. You will have to remove an existing shortcut of the same program first.

Thanks for the info! That is good news and bad news.

Good news is, I can make my icons

Bad news is, I am gonna stay up all night doing so. . .

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom