Windows 7 Slow Wireless Internet with 7 Home Premium

Right-cl;ick on the .exe file and choose Uniextracrt Fiies,

This will create a folder by the same name on your desktop.

Forgot, you shoulf dowblaod the file to the destyop so it's easier to locate.

Ok well I had to download on another computer and then transfer it to my other one. If I tried to download it on the one with the problem I would grow old and tired. I got it on there and really don't know what to do with it now. what do I do now that its on there?

Its just weird that in safe mode the internet runs great, Normal mode its terrible. The question is, what is loading in normal mode that would slow it down that doesn't run in safe mode.

I was also going to call microsoft since I just bought and installed it, but they will charge to to contact tech support because I haven't activated the product yet. When I try to activate it, it times out because of the speed.

Right-click on the .exe file yuo downloaded and on the right-click menu, you'll see an enytry named UniExtract Files. Choose this and it will unpack the files to a folder of the same name .

Then look for an .inf file.

In the start menu search for "Network Connections" and click on the first link under "Control Panel".
From here right click on your adapter and select "Properties" and then click the "Configure..." button.
On the Advanced tab of the window you now see will be the options for your adapter.

In the start menu search for "Network Connections" and click on the first link under "Control Panel".
From here right click on your adapter and select "Properties" and then click the "Configure..." button.
On the Advanced tab of the window you now see will be the options for your adapter.

Ok, I know how to get to that as stated in one of the post above, However, after that point is where I get confused. What option do I choose or modify? There was no 802.11n mode only to disable?

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager, click on the Network Adapter s nd tell us what's listed there.

Are you sure your adapter supports 802.11N?
It may also be listed as "Draft-N 2.0" or similar.

Network adapters

Bluetooth device (personal area network)
bluetooth device (RFCOMM protocol TDI)
Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
Intel(R)82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection

As far as supporting 802.11N I have no idea. All I know is that on vista internet was fine, after installing windows 7 everything went to crap.

OK. 802.11G means it doesn't support N mode.
Which eliminates my preliminary thoughts.
What program/site are you using to test your speed?

Well I cant really get on the internet to try it because it takes too long. Most of the time when I do try it doesn't load the test itself, but only the advertising.

I know ive said this a few times but is it significant that everything works fine in safe mode?

Thanks

Maybe you should try running a malware test..
if possible go to Malwarebytes.org and download malware bytes anti-malware. install and do a quick scan.
You can download in safe mode and install in normal mode.

This definitely doesn't seem hardware related anymore

Try gointo Start > Ru, and type cmd, ZNow type ping google,cim.

My resonse time is a biyt 45ms, Whats tiurs?

Now in your frowsers adder bar paste this into it without the quatations

:http://24.28.193.9"

Did the page load faster?

It did ping google but only 75% of the time. I did it a few times and averaged about 65ms. I typed in the 24.28.192.9 and it gave me a webpage cannot be found message.

I also have seen something else that might help. Every time I restart the computer, I connect to the network but with limited access. I have to run the troubleshooter to fix the problem. After running it it tells them the problem is "problem with wireless adapter or access point" and it was fixed. But I have to do it again every time I restart the computer.

Yeah, Thats how I knew I had one infected file. Should I be able to get some help from microsoft since I just bought this upgrade?

Upgrade? You did an upgrade?
you should ALWAYS do a clean install.
I know the free upgrade to Windows 7 you get from manufacturers is upgrade only.
You may have to go and buy a full edition of Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom