Windows 7 Sound crackling due to network adapters

Neha Chauhan

The moment I play music there is crackling/popping sound in the background . I've been facing this issue for quite a while (when I upgraded to windows 7 from windows xp last month ). I tried fidgeting with all my settings, checked all the drivers, got my motherboard checked but everything seemed to be normal. However I noticed if i do not switch on my Adsl modem or if i disable network adapters (i've Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller) the crackling sound is almost gone. But then i cannot use internet and listen to music at the same time. How do I sort out this problem. ?
Any help would be really appreciated. :)

You could have a bad port on the NIC or the NIC itself could be generating noise. You might also have an issue with a port on the device at the other end of the connection, BUT....
I think I would start with the easiest and go to the store and purchase a brand new Cat5, 5e, or 6 cable and begin further diagnosing the issue from there.

I've noticed some other recent posts regarding this issue.
In one instance involving a realtek sound card and perhaps a specific motherboard although I can't say for sure. The poster mentioned that he used this method to resolve his issue.

In another instance it had to to with a wireless router and changing that from "N" to "B" or "G" or "B/G" resolved the issue.

You may want to consider taking a look into either of those two solutions.

Back
Top Bottom