Windows 7 Sound Drivers For 7

so you using analogue then does the control panel for it have something along the line of jack auto sensing does it detect when a plug have been inserted or removed

you mean the sound card right have you set the windows speaker config to 5.1
Sound%20control%20-%20Speaker%20config%20.JPG

If i set it up like that, it gives me a terrible echo or something..
All speakers do work though.

It is in dutch, but I asume you understand it.
The bottom icon should be the sound card, but I can't go into speaker setup on that one.
The top one I can set up, but it gives me the echo
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
hmmm sounds like either your plugging into a Mic input instead of an speaker output or you have a Mic plugged in and not muted

so the speakers are plugged into these sockets then
lime = front speaker out
orange = center/sub out
black = rear speaker out
gray= side speaker out

All jacks are plugged in properly, and I don't have a mic.
Tried to fix it with the settings, but it echo's when I set it to 5.1 aswell as stereo.

did it come with a driver CD or did you D/L theses
Link Removed - Invalid URL

back in that sound control panel you had opened instead of clicking Configuration can click Properties on the right and select the System Effects Tab and turn off all system effects ans see if that helps

Sound%20control%20-%20Properties%20-%20System%20Effects%20tab.JPG

I do have the program installed, but it says nothing on any systems..
Now I got to the point where it doesn't echo anymore, but it doesn't give me true 5.1 either.
I do here some crackling sounds through the 2 rear speakers, somewhat sounding like the music.

frankly I'm not really surprised that this isn't working as advertised seeing as the driver download from the above post is an old driver from 2003 I'd be more inclined to tell you to take it back and tell them it doesn't work properly under windows 7 x86 32bit and see if they have an SoundBlaster Audigy 2 or better as these work just fine in windows 7 with the driver provided by Microsoft and when talking to them ask them about windows 7 compatibility

Last edited:
Just found that using the 'test' function in speaker setup, all speakers work like they are supposed to.
They don't however, when I play music.

unfortunately cheaping out on hardware is going to cause problems old gear costs sod all but doesn't always work in the latest OS's as you've discovered

only one more thing to try and thats change the sample rate and bit depth

Sound%20control%20-%20Properties%20-%20Advanced%20tab.JPG

Changing the bitrate doesn't seem to be working.

So where I'm at now:
When using speaker test, all speakers work.
When I play music, only the front speakers are working, with some crackling sounds from the rear speakers.

Creative has released a Product Identification Module Update for the Soundblaster X-Fi and X-Fi Titanium series. This update resolves a hardware/device detection issue under Windows 7. A 1.01.0099 Driver Pack has also been released for the X-Fi Surround 5.1 series.

hi.. im newbie here...
i need solution.... when installed win 7..
i cant hear the sound from the speakers...
the notification sound toolbar say " no speakers or headphones are plugged in "
i'm using Mobo : ABIT AN52V
thx for the attention

I checked your motherboard driver page to se what audio hardware is running on your system and it's not very clear:

Link Removed - Invalid URL AM2

One clue is that they have 'Realtek' at the top of the page so fingers crossed this is where you can get your driver:

Realtek

yes certainly is an Realtek HD audio chip and the current driver version is Vista, Windows7 Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file) R2.40 and can be found here
Realtek

just click the tick box and the click next

yeah NO :eek: yamaha haven't made a card yet thats win7 compatable just getting them to work in XP is enough of an nightmare like i said earlier in this post old cards don't work well the oldest card i'd use is an Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 if you can't afford a new one then buy it second hand i got mine for $20 works perfectly under win 7

Back