Windows 7 Sound Drivers For 7

@Kemical: thanks, but it did not help. I'm not shoure, but I think I need winamp, WMP, games... to work through ASIO4ALL. Is this possible?

@Athlonite: But it worked superb on XP 32 bit, why not on 7 32 bit? must be something I can do or download to make it work? Its an superb sound card for me and I dont want to sell it.

I found this driver after doing some googling (see screenshot):

Link Removed - Invalid URL

No sound on ACER TRAVELMATE 4220

I installed WINDOWS 7, and now I have No sound on ACER TRAVELMATE 4220! :( Does anyone know of a driver that will fi it? In device manager it states drivers are working and installed propertly.....but nada

Updating

Hey all,

With regards to the Creative Soundblaster 5.1 external surround card & Win 7 I was in contact with Creative & this was the official response;

"With regards to your enquiry, there are no driver update for the X-Fi
Surround 5.1 to run on windows 7. I would advice you to wait for the
latest driver for the X-Fi Surround 5.1 on windows 7. You can check for
latest update from our support site."

http://support.creative.com

So ahh...as always 3 months after a new OS hits Creative has no drivers for its products & the solution is "wait - then maybe".

No sound on Gateway MX6450

Just recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate to find I have no sound! :frown: I then installed the updated Realtek AC97 sound drivers for Window 7 and that didn't help at all. Any advice?

I installed driveres and codecs and I stil don't have sound when I want to see a movie .But speakers work when I test it.Please a little help

I have realtek

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like you maybe SOL tryin to find win7 drivers for that as gateway don't even list a sound driver when you choose any OS other than winxp on their site hmmm have tries the latest realtek drivers which are at Version: 6305

Hi,

Just like everyone else here, my soundcard doesn't seem to be working.
I've got an 'Asus P5GL-MX' motherboard.
Could you help me out with this?

thanks in advance.

just once i'd like to see a post that actually tells you what piece of hardware they are actually lookin for take the above post for example so we know you've got an Asus P5GL-MX mobo:confused: but you failed to say that the sound chip on it is an ADI SoundMax AD1986A:redface: i mean how are we supposed to help if you don't even tell us what actual piece hardware your lookin for is and end rant.....

now as for a driver as far as i know Analogue Devices has no plans to update the drivers for this chip anytime soon so unless an oem is going to do so you may be SOL time to look at getting an add-in pci sound card like and SB audigy 2 or better

Got myself a new soundcard, this time it's an ICIDU soundcard with a C-Media chipset.
Link Removed - Invalid URL

When connected to the normal line plug it's working, but as I connect it to the 7.1 channels it doesn't.

Operating system/software Compatible operating systems Windows 98SE/2000/XP/Vista

yup i wouldn't have touched a card that says anything about win98\win2k support what you should be looking for is XP\Vista\Win7 support

does the speaker system you use have and SPDIF input

Back