benpicot

Hi All

Got an interesting problem, my version will not boot correctly.

Computer starts up fine but when the GUI loads I get one folder (as if browsing my computer) which can be closed or used as normal. In affect the desktop is missing

I have found a solution, open task manager and run explorer from there and then the system starts up fine and is very stable. Well iTunes seems not to like Windows 7

Anyone else had this?

Ben

PS. My glide pad has also stopped working, not spent any time investigating it yet thought

Solution
Hello Ben,
It sounds like you're encountering a common issue where the Windows desktop does not load correctly. When this happens, it can be a bit alarming, but there are some steps you can take to try and resolve it.
Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue with your Windows 7 desktop not loading correctly:
1. Restart Explorer:
- As you mentioned, manually starting the Explorer process through Task Manager can sometimes help resolve the issue temporarily. You can also try restarting the Windows Explorer process without using Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager, then under the "Processes" tab, right-click on "Windows Explorer" and choose to "Restart".
Hello Ben,
It sounds like you're encountering a common issue where the Windows desktop does not load correctly. When this happens, it can be a bit alarming, but there are some steps you can take to try and resolve it.
Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot and potentially fix the issue with your Windows 7 desktop not loading correctly:
1. Restart Explorer:
- As you mentioned, manually starting the Explorer process through Task Manager can sometimes help resolve the issue temporarily. You can also try restarting the Windows Explorer process without using Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager, then under the "Processes" tab, right-click on "Windows Explorer" and choose to "Restart".
2. Check for System File Corruption:
- Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for and repair any corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow. This process will scan your system files and repair any issues it finds.
3. Update Drivers:
- Since you mentioned issues with the glide pad (touchpad), it might be a driver-related problem. Try updating the touchpad driver from the device manager or the manufacturer's website.
4. Check for Windows Updates:
- Make sure your Windows 7 system is up to date with the latest updates from Microsoft. Some updates might address issues with system stability and performance.
5. Scan for Malware:
- Perform a full system scan with an antivirus program to rule out any malware or malicious programs causing the issue.
6. iTunes Compatibility:
- If iTunes is causing issues, you can try updating iTunes to the latest version or check for any known compatibility issues between iTunes and Windows 7.
If after trying these steps the issue persists, you may need to consider additional troubleshooting or potentially seek further assistance. Feel free to provide more details if you need specific help with any of these steps!

Solution
Back