Windows 10 Strange problem needs fix Urgently !

If you had malware you may still have other malware. I'd boot into safe mode and run several more scans as well as from a command prompt run sfc /scannow

If you had malware you may still have other malware. I'd boot into safe mode and run several more scans as well as from a command prompt run sfc /scannow
I did a scan with couple of Antivirus program and malware scanners, seems ok, also tried sfc command and it reported no problems, maybe some kind of Registry entry or edit could fix this.

There are lots of things that the malware could have done that wouldn't be easy to undo. Can you manually change any of the icons?

I am able to launch the program using shorcut, but unable to enter "properties", it just won't open.

Any error or just won't open?

If you have a system restore point I would roll the system back.

It won't open at all.

Well, I won't run Reset as a solution since my computer is personalized in many ways, I just can't lose all the tweaks.

You can try using recovery software to recover the restore point data, or recover the malware file and determine what it capabilities are and try and reverse it. Otherwise if you have no user state from before the malware you're unlikely to fix the issue. One drastic step is you could build a VM with the same Windows version, dump the HKCR and HKLM hives and run them through a compare program, but even that could take of lot of time to revert settings back.

I would have tried it if I had it anyway.

Just can't get the idea what could it be,I mean all the icons, even in "Control Panel", it just gets unbearable.

I would have performed a simple Registy edit, but seems a bit more complicated since there are no icons anywhere.

All the icons and functionally if the shortcuts is controlled by registry settings and there thousands of them. Microsoft also likes to use guids to link functionality so there's no way you will be able to stare and compare at the registry to fix it.

You can restore it but you have to do it from a Windows recover disk and that's only assuming there is a backup, although it sounds like the malware deleted them.

Well, I hope my programs won't get deleted, at least since i have over Terabyte of games.

Back