Windows 7 Submit your desktop!

That is my Maiyan count down. This is really cool, cause if we survive it will keep the negative time as well. LoL It is crazy that was a coincadence that turnd out that way. I was moveing stuff and forgot to put it in the exact middle, and that wallpaper came up on my slideshow. I am so glad I got a screenshot of it. He is being arrested by a camaflouged think tank. LoL

lol, clock was placed at location by coincidence :D.

I am guessing it's either Batou's, Kusanagi's or probably Togusa's Tachikoma... more than likely Batou's (been awhile since I last watched Ghost in the Shell).

That reminds me, the 1st PS1 game was Ghost in the Shell, and it kicked ***.

how to take screenshot yar?
Use the Windows native "Snipping Tool" you can use Full Screen, Window, or Rectangle and select what you want to snip. Play with it and see which selection produces your desired results.
Regards
Randy

Or...

1. With your folders, browsers, programs, etc minimized, press print screen on your keyboard.
  2. Open your favorite image editing program... recommend either Paint.net or G.I.M.P. since it's a free alternative to Photoshop.
  3. Paste image onto your image editing program, by either right clicking on the canvas and click 'paste', or press 'CTL' + 'V' on your keyboard. You may have to change your canvas width and height to get full view of your screen.
  4. Save as a JPG or PNG.
  5. Post back here, and add attachment of your image for all of us to enjoy.

My Windows 8 desktop:

win8f.jpg

Linux, MLP, and Star Trek... cool... but to include Internet Explorer on the desktop :shocked:, have you no shame as a Linux user?
Its only there for pesky IE only websites that dont work under browser spoofing, usually its in my menu's as a backup but I keep it in my launcher too just in case.

Oh and so to prove I do indeed use windows 7:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8008/7318228892_f7577e05cc_b.jpg

I keep my setup very basic and prefer a clean desktop clean of icons except the trash icon in Windows.
I could add the trash icon to the windows 7 superbar but it has issues with resizing the panel

Last edited:
Its only there for pesky IE only websites that dont work under browser spoofing, usually its in my menu's as a backup but I keep it in my launcher too just in case.

Oh and so to prove I do indeed use windows 7:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8008/7318228892_f7577e05cc_b.jpg

I keep my setup very basic and prefer a clean desktop clean of icons except the trash icon in Windows.
I could add the trash icon to the windows 7 superbar but it has issues with resizing the panel
Ralph, where did you get that Disk/System Monitor from? It's really cool looking!

BTW, I also dual boot Ubuntu 12.04LTS x64 myself.

Cat

I'm not in 7 right now but, wouldn't be much to show... a nice big photo, that keeps changing, from a pile I have or keep collecting, a disappearing Taskbar & no Desktop icons showing.

Cat, if, you > Desktop, the can is there. But, I put it in Quick Launch, too.

I could show y'all my Win8 machine... it has, a nice big photo, that keeps changing, from a pile I have or keep collecting, a disappearing Taskbar & no Desktop icons showing. LMAO :D I'm serious. Well, ok, sometimes, on either, I stop the Taskbar from disappearing ;)
And, sometimes I let Gadgets show, for a while, @ least to peek @ meters or gauges periodically.

And, in spite of what you may have heard from your friends, a Windows8 desktop does not have tiles all over it :rolleyes:

Cat, @ least, may get the joke (I hope). :angel_smile:

Cheers,
Drew

How's mine .... Its very productive and eats negligible resources Its Windows 7 HP x64 with Rainmeter on my Notebook that I use daily...

Attachments

• My Desktop.jpg
    My Desktop.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 622
Okay new screenshot and new linux distro, its called Netrunner and to be honest I think a lot fo you guys should check it out as its very windows user friendly.

I have my own mock OSX setup for it:

7538844682_1f05692b51_b.jpg

Gee I wonder what movie I am going to see here soon

Okay new screenshot and new linux distro, its called Netrunner and to be honest I think a lot fo you guys should check it out as its very windows user friendly.

I have my own mock OSX setup for it:

[snip]

Gee I wonder what movie I am going to see here soon

Suit... check, bad guys... check, armed thugs... check, millionaire playboy acting as a type of hero... check... it's IronMan. lol.

Ok... all kidding aside, thanks for the info. Will check out Netrunner and nice mockup.

Back