Windows 7 This copy of windows is not genuine?

Gliss7

I bought a laptop on 3/11/11. It came with windows 7 premium. I did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate about 1 week later. I activated windows no problem. At times during using the laptop, I had checked to verify Windows was legitimate. It always said YES!!
Last night I noticed I lost my Desktop setup. In the lower right hand corner it says"Windows7 Build 7601. This copy is not legitimate.
I filled out the form form for Counterfeit software. They want me to send the Product key sticker and The certificate of Authenticity along with DVD and Bill of sale. They said they may replace it if I was ripped off. Everything looks real from the markings on DVD, Product key and Certificate, along with packaging.
Why was I able to use This version of windows for 1 1/4 years with no problems? I updated defender and ran a scan. I noticed this after the download? I do not think it has anything to do with the situation.
Can someone give me the number to call Microsoft for activation. I looked online and can not locate it. It seems the only way is when you activate and have problems it will give you a number to call.
I appreciate any help. I need to use this Laptop with all my files , email accounts, etc.
Thank In Advance
Doug

The most likely explanation is that you have been sold a copy of Windows which has a corporate license which has now expired. Did the disk and cover look genuine and did it come with a MS printed serial?

The most likely explanation is that you have been sold a copy of Windows which has a corporate license which has now expired. Did the disk and cover look genuine and did it come with a MS printed serial?

Also, check the border of the disc, it should be holographic and where it says "Microsoft", if tilted it will say "Genuine"
If it doesn't have the holographic border, it's not genuine.

Regards
Don

It was genuine. I checked everything that Microsoft says to look for. It has everything that a genuine Microsoft windows Ultimate should have.

Back