Windows 7 Trendnet/Trendware TEW423 won't connect.......

OK... Things are looking up..............

My 7 & 8 year old grandsons, who when they aren't out robbing trains (Butch & Sundance), specialize in destroying computers, had their box over yesterday..... SO, after blowing everything away and reinstalling Windows XP, I stuck the Trendnet card in the box - this is the GUARANTEED WINDOW 7 COMPATIBLE CARD...... Loaded the drivers, told it to connect

AND IT DID WITH NO PROBLEM..........

Finished with that box, I put my wife's system back up and stuck the Trendnet card in there............................................ AND IT STILL WON'T CONNECT WHEN USING WINDOWS 7..........

Oh, and the latest reply from Trendnet's help desk is..... See website X for RMA information and the limited warranty... Which I read to mean "Go 'way son, you're bothering us..." 'Cause, of course, it's more than a year old - by about a month, so they're going to do nothing... And, since the thing connects fine from XP, it's not the card........

SO, in the afternoon I made the trek to the computer store and came home with a D-Link Extreme N card....... Stuck IT in the box, turned it on, and Windows 7 said "Hey, NEW HARDWARE, lemme put a driver in here for you..." And it did... And the D-Link card connected immediately with absolutely no problem......

Today, I'll walk out to the middle of 3rd street, carrying the Trendnet TEW-423 and see if I can throw it all the way to the railroad track!

Also picked up an "N" router that I'll try later today......

SO, the "problem" has been relieved, and I've learned a lesson about believing yet another company's claims of compatibility.....

Well it's certainly good to hear that you've managed to find a card that got the job done for you.
You do realized of course that as soon as you extract your vengance on the offending device that you'll almost certainly receive a call from a friend of family member still running XP, that will need just such a card to get them back up and running. But I say, if it makes you feel better then go ahead and give it a fling and if it doesn't make it all the way to the tracks please add some distance for me. I think that what ever it takes to protect your mental health and prevent further damage to your forehead is at this point more important.:)
Thanks for updating your thread and we hope to continue to see you around the forums.
Best wishes
Randy

Yeah, I thought about the wisdom of keeping this thing......

BUT, my mental health is often questioned as it is.... And I figure if I offer this card to some friend or family member they're going to want me to help get it working...

So, I've gotta go with my original idea... I figure if I use the frisbee fling I should get some pretty good distance out of it........

Kinda like I did with my T-Mobile Dash when I finally replaced it with my new phone... The Dash was a DREADFUL thing that worked poorly when at all, and finally died an ignominious death when the button that turned it on and off came loose inside the case......

ALTHOUGH, in that case I didn't THROW the phone at the tracks. I carefully placed it on one rail as a train approached and IMMENSELY enjoyed seeing the tiny, TINY, pieces that were left once it had passed.......

OK, THIS is how I think It's SUPPOSED to work..............

Put the D-Link card in the box. Put the W7 CD in, installed the O/S, and during the installation it said "HEY, I found a network, you wanna connect?"........

No muss, no fuss, no stupidity, no pain, anguish, or weeping, wailing or gnashing of teeth!

And I was right - the Trendnet card got NICE distance down 3rd street! Which is the ONLY thing it's done fast since I tried installing Windows 7 on this box!

Back
Top Bottom